Glenn Frey--Eagles Guitarist Dies

dtel's wife

38 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I keep forgetting that I'm getting older. Been blessed with reasonably good health. Older family members are passing away ...

glad you’re still around Bruce. I’ll be 60 next summer. Had a dream when i was a kid that i died at age 69.  the life that i’ve led, i’m very surprised that i’ve made it this far. nothing major wrong with me. I too have been blessed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

glad you’re still around Bruce. I’ll be 60 next summer. Had a dream when i was a kid that i died at age 69.  the life that i’ve led, i’m very surprised that i’ve made it this far. nothing major wrong with me. I too have been blessed. 

My brother just passed at 69. My father died at 64. I’m going to retire at 58 and try and have alittle fun before I go. I heard this the other day and it’s very true. In a very short from now it will be along time ago.

• Like 3

if you enjoy your work, don't retire.  Knowing you don't need to work makes a job more fun.

retirement can be a lot of work. I have been trying for a few years now. I "retired", but ... My wife still works 60+ a week. I do a lot of domestics. 

I kinda figued 67 for me.  Seems to be a critical age in my family. Have revised that. 74 now. I turn 65 in Jan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

if you enjoy your work, don't retire.  Knowing you don't need to work makes a job more fun.

retirement can be a lot of work. I have been trying for a few years now. I "retired", but ... My wife still works 60+ a week. I do a lot of domestics. 

I kinda figued 67 for me.  Seems to be a critical age in my family. Have revised that. 74 now. I turn 65 in Jan.

I have worked shift work,for over 35 years! I started at 21,and seeing the new hires they are getting,the old guys can’t move due to lack of experience. I work around chemicals that are far from good for you. I have been lucky enough to make very good money and have 2 good pensions coming my way. If I thought I would have to work until my mid 60s,they could shoot me now! I may smoke some meat for friends or get a job at a guy I knows car wash a few days a week but I most likely won’t. I can take a drive, thru the bottoms, or go camping down the road and be happy. Less than two years to go and I can’t wait!!!!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Glenn Frey would have been 71 today.  He’s 6 days older than I.   

My sons rent a duplex in Royal Oak near Glenn’s old high school.

557CC88B-6B6C-4108-B702-2FCFBB7FF675.jpeg

Dondero High. Named after one of my best friends(growing up, getting in trouble) Grandpa. What do they do with that building now? Another of my best friends was on the school board when they closed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Dondero High. Named after one of my best friends(growing up, getting in trouble) Grandpa. What do they do with that building now? Another of my best friends was on the school board when they closed it.

It’s a middle school now, the Bulldogs.  The Royal Oak high schools were combined at what used to be Royal Oak Kimball.  Now it’s just Royal Oak and they’re the Ravens.

A few years ago they named the small street to the south of the Dondero, now Bulldogs, building, “Glenn Frey Dr.”

• Like 1

I'm glad I was able to see The Eagles about 6 years ago in Minneapolis.  They put on a great show.  Talking to a guy in the audience he said he called their concerts "CD live."  They stay true to the original recording and sound unlike many artists who add a little too much flair to their songs for the live performance.  I liked it that way.  I want to hear the songs as I know them, not some weird remix.

• Like 1