Big shout out to Sasqwatch!

jimjimbo

Stacy sent me a quad of black plate Sylvania 6BQ5's (made for Baldwin organs) to try in my ampsandsound Stereo 15 Special edition.  I had JJ's in there, and they were OK, but just sort of dry and clinical, as I PM'd to Stacy.  Wow, what a difference the Sylvania's made!   Great low end, very smooth midrange, they sound terrific.  Beautiful!  I don't know if I could have put anything better in the amp.....Thank you Stacy!  

Jim

Hey Jim ,Glad you like them. I have some outer 6bq5s that I got from Kieth that I need to try out. Once I give them a listen I may have some further recommendations.

Im glad you post you were looking for some tubes made me realize how long it has been since I spoke with Kieth . I'm going to have to give him a ring.

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...

We'll I'd like to give a big shout back to Jim, when I sent him the 6bq5's he ask what I would like in trade , after looking thru my stash I determined I could use some 12au7 to use in a MC225 I just finished restoring last night.

He sent me four pairs of closely matched 12au7s to roll.

Thanks again Jim.