Match RB25 with RC25 or R25C?

Babylon7

Clinton - I haven't properly placed the RC-25 in the center yet since it just didn't sound good to me. I currently have it in place of my front right speaker (about 2' space to the back, 3' off the ground) to compare to the RB-25 on an equal ground basis.

Youthman - I'll probably have to live with this for a while until my wife forgets when I bought this and then go for an upgrade...

Clinton - I haven't properly placed the RC-25 in the center yet since it just didn't sound good to me. I currently have it in place of my front right speaker (about 2' space to the back, 3' off the ground) to compare to the RB-25 on an equal ground basis.

Youthman - I'll probably have to live with this for a while until my wife forgets when I bought this and then go for an upgrade...

I see, it might sound better between the 2 setup properly. If you a AVR with audessy you should run that after you place all your speakers where you will be leaving them. Also be sure to run them as small reguardless of what it tries to set them at.

If you do end up wanting to upgrade to a RC-35 LMK as mine will be for sale in the next few weeks as I am going with RC-7's across the front. I'm in Canada BTW.

Edited by ClintonH

I did that right at the beginning, not entirely a proper set up, but when I had the receiver set to add the center speaker, the receiver seemed to pushed most of the output to the center (because the L/R became much quieter) but the center sounded even worse. Basically just setting the receiver to 2 channel sounded better than adding the center.

But I will have to play around with the setup more later.

Thanks for the offer on the RC-35, but at this point I'll wait and see what I can do with what I got.

Edited by Babylon7

Rc7 walks all over the rc3. Not even close. I haven't heard any center klipsch or otherwise in the same league

Who said anything about a RC-3? The OP is trying to match to his RB-25's, the RC-3 would def not work . RC-7 is a supposed to be a nice center but not a match in the least for a set of RB-25's, largest he can or should pair with that to get proper timber is the RC-35.

• 2 weeks later...

So an update to the story...

Finally I couldn't take the muffled sound anymore... playing with the receiver EQ didn't help. So I called Klipsch again and they say it might be due to a partially damaged tweeter.

I called up the Canadian distributor (which happens to be in my city) and they happen to have a couple in stock but there is a no-refund policy.

So I took my chances and fork over the cash and pick up the tweeter not knowing if it's really the speaker design or bad tweeter.

And the moment of truth - the speaker with the new tweeter sounds so, so, so much better!

Now I'm gonna see if I can get some reimbursement from the seller (won't be surprised if I don't hear back...).

I have the RC-25 in my set up and you can see the rest for my living room set up in my signature. They sound nice and I've never had any issue with it. The set up you have with the RB 25's match well and if you can get a pair of the RF-25's/35's for your front L/R mains, I'd do it, or just get a 2nd set of the RB-25's for surrounds as well. The RS-3 will also match.

I was going to say it sounded like a tweeter issue as my RS-3's had the same issue with a tweeter on them.

I have the RC-25 in my set up and you can see the rest for my living room set up in my signature. They sound nice and I've never had any issue with it. The set up you have with the RB 25's match well and if you can get a pair of the RF-25's/35's for your front L/R mains, I'd do it, or just get a 2nd set of the RB-25's for surrounds as well. The RS-3 will also match.

I was going to say it sounded like a tweeter issue as my RS-3's had the same issue with a tweeter on them.

Yeah - I'll take a look at the RF25, one step at a time.