FS: Oiled Walnut Belles - SOLD

Blister8160

This is a beautiful pair of Belles, even more so with Greg's mods. Blister, I know you don't want to ship, but just FYI for anybody interested, I recently bought a pair of beautiful Belles from Arkansas and had them shipped to the eastern side of Washington (the state).  The cost by Craters and Freighters to package and ship them via UPS Ground was approximately a grand.  So for anybody interested in these better than new Belles, which aren't even available new any more, even with freight added this pair is a steal IMHO... if I hadn't already made my investment, I would buy these in a heartbeat.

Just sayin...

Good luck I got blisters on my fingers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These beautiful speakers are mine now. They should be pulling up to the house in about an hour. My son was nice enough to go to Dallas and pick them up for me. I had a nephew in the area that went by and auditioned them for me and I could not come up with any reason not to, so let the fun begin. I wont get to play with them tonight since the wife already had made plans for this evening so tomorrow will be Christmas morning for this little kid.

• Like 5

These beautiful speakers are mine now. They should be pulling up to the house in about an hour. My son was nice enough to go to Dallas and pick them up for me. I had a nephew in the area that went by and auditioned them for me and I could not come up with any reason not to, so let the fun begin. I wont get to play with them tonight since the wife already had made plans for this evening so tomorrow will be Christmas morning for this little kid.

Even if you paid the original 3K asking price you stole these speakers. Congratulations and do enjoy them Greg's upgrades are top notch. Look at some of the best of show awards his speakers have garnished and realize your bells are not that far removed from Greg's flag ship.
  • Like 2

Just to abide by the "photos or it didn't happen" rule, here is a nice blurry pic. Listening tests under way. Not sure what to keep and what to sell off, but may have to listen for a few years to figure out for sure. The Volti upgrades do sound very nice, I must admit.

post-60988-0-01480000-1456691182_thumb.j

• Like 4

Well, it has been almost a week since I got my new (to me) Belles. I have been A/B ing them vs my existing pair and was pleasantly surprised at how these sound with the Volti upgrades. I was more than happy with my current set up but these just have that extra something. They sound very smooth yet still have the punch I enjoy. Since these came with all of the original drivers, I had seriously considered selling the upgrades and returning these to stock and ending up with a very good deal on a nice set of Belles. After a week of listening, the upgrades will definitely stay. Now I have 2 sets of Belle's and enough drivers for 3 sets (plus I have a pair of LaScalas). I think between all of the options, I have 4 types of woofers 4 types of mids, and 3 different types of tweets and cross overs (not counting the AB xover that I just wont use). I may have to build another set of cabinets and complete the package and then decide what to keep, what to sell, what to give to my kids. It wears me out just thinking of all the variables. But that is a good thing, right?

• Like 2

I have a pair of Belles and was thinking of buying another pair and then flipping one pair on top of the other,tweeters and mids together with woofers on top and bottom. That would be interesting ,I always thought the Belles could use a base or stand to rise up mids and tweeters.