Is bigger always better with Klipsch Speakers?

BobK

Paradoxically, Klipsch engineers keep making the product smaller.

no the marketing department keep making the product smaller for a host of reasons the customer being number one. The Engineering department is run/funded by the market/sales department.

You need to compare old to newer before you decide which is better. It sounds like you may be assuming that new smaller equals better. Better for sales or better for sound they are two different things.

WHAAAT? Engineers listening to marketing guys? On what universe that does that play out?

Disclaimer: That's intended as a piece of humor. See, I'm not actually saying the engineers are slaves to marketing, I'm just implying that in a perfect universe, it wouldn't be so, and using a type of humor to express that sentiment. e.g. generally called "sarcasm". 

no the marketing department keep making the product smaller for a host of reasons the customer being number one. The Engineering department is run/funded by the market/sales department.

You need to compare old to newer before you decide which is better. It sounds like you may be assuming that new smaller equals better. Better for sales or better for sound they are two different things.

^^^^^^^^ Absofrigginlutely this! :)

And YOU know what happens when you assume! :(

Roger

Small studio monitors on a desk may be able to create a sense of space better than a gigantic speaker in that same space.

Say has anybody put their khorns on their desk? I betcha they sounds awesome. Won't work on mine because my desk is only sixty inches wide. Well, maybe with a little overhang, since each khorns about 31 inches wide.  Toed in properly, there might be enough room left on the desk for a legal pad.

When it comes to Klipsch. Go large or go home.

thebes,

When it comes to Klipsch, I come large! Haul your but to Hope in April and find out! :)

Roger

All you've got to do to confirm this is think back to the look on your woman's face the first time you dragged in a Klipsch Cornwall, Khorn, LaScala or Belle.  :)

Wb

The look on my wifes face when i brought my Chorus II's home from Simply Stereo was a Kodak moment for sure.

No sex for weeks though that was pretty normal if i recall.

Time to Downsize!!!

And NOT the speakers! :)

Roger

I currently own 2 pair of K-Horns and have had the opportunity to A/B them with Chorus II's, Chorus I's, Forte II's Forte I's and Heresy's.  Believe me none of these can compare to the sound of a K-Horn.

How did you pull that A/B comparison off?   That is a large volume of big speakers to A/B.    Why did the K horn sound better to you?  Was it a subtle type of hmmm let me here the chorus again, hhmmmm well let me hear the K horn,  ummmm well, yea I guess I like the K-horn on this type of music but....

Or was it a NOT EVEN CLOSE THEY ALL PALE in comparison.

• Like 1