Does Anybody Belive in Audiogon Anymore?

thebes

8 hours ago, anthonydelatorre1 said:

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well. This is my first post on any audio forum. I was looking to purchase a pair of Klipsch Palladium P-17B's. I was going to purchase a pair on craigslist but they sold. Found another pair on Audiogon. They look like in new condition and the current bid is $1,500.01. The seller however has no previous sales. $1,500 is a pretty good deal but I'm not sure if I trust this seller or Audiogon's protection policy. What do you guys think? Here is link to the P-17B's listing on Audiogon: https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-klipsch-palladium-p-17b-2017-03-23-speakers-46032-carmel-in

Thanks,

Anthony

Can you do local pick-up?

Shipping is always scary.  You might contact and find out how he intends to package them, but it looks like the listing is close to expiry.  I think the sale itself is legit, but I would make real sure about shipping.  The one thing I ever bought from the gon was a preamp, and it was double boxed properly by the seller.