Old music is outselling new music for the first time in history

blindman

I like some new music, but the dynamic compression of the recordings makes the CDs unlistenable except at low volumes.  Why do all the mixing engineers insist on pushing every frequency level to the max?

It makes the cash register go Ka-Ching! High volume, or what are called LOUD CDs and records are the biggest money makers. The louder it is the more money is made. If anyone actually cared a twit about recording quality there would never have been CDs or MP3s invented in the first place. Why are all SitComs on broadcast TV moronic? Why is all the food loaded with sugar, salt and fat? Why is particle board the number one construction material? Why do department stores sell rags and call it clothing? C'mon friend, get with it! MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY! 

I like some new music, but the dynamic compression of the recordings makes the CDs unlistenable except at low volumes.  Why do all the mixing engineers insist on pushing every frequency level to the max?

It makes the cash register go Ka-Ching! High volume, or what are called LOUD CDs and records are the biggest money makers. The louder it is the more money is made. If anyone actually cared a twit about recording quality there would never have been CDs or MP3s invented in the first place. Why are all SitComs on broadcast TV moronic? Why is all the food loaded with sugar, salt and fat? Why is particle board the number one construction material? Why do department stores sell rags and call it clothing? C'mon friend, get with it! MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY! 

Hey everybody....be sure to listen to this guy!  He knows everything!!

• Like 1

I miss the days when I had several hundred albums and my TT out on my boat, when riding my scoot, or mowing the grass or .....you get the idea...

Old music, I've done my part to support em...There was a time when the talent was everywhere.

Hey everybody....be sure to listen to this guy!  He knows everything!!

I just got done measuring my contribution and knowledge of the subject to yours. You lost. 

Sooo... I like old stuff too... Recordings of music from the 1700s is fine with me. We just hired a young guy to work in our A/V events at the college. Super nice guy, his aunt works in the library...

This is a couple of my favorite tracks of his. Most are electronica, but these have lyrics.

https://soundcloud.com/first-turn-fold/grey-eyes

https://soundcloud.com/first-turn-fold/escape-of-the-whaler-maplecake

Bruce