Jbruno

Greetings all!  New to the forum, been lurking for a little while.  Definitely not new to Klipsch though.  My first Klipsch moment was when I was 14 years old, late 70's early 80's.  My neighbor and I were as into stereo gear as much as one could be at that age.  He was 16 and could drive so we would occasionally visit the local stereo shop.  One day we were in there just BSing with the guys, and the one salesman takes us into the 'high end' room and tells us to have a seat. He put on the master disc of Styx, Come Sail Away on and played it for us over a set of Khorns.  I've been hooked on the Klipsch sound ever since! 

On a limited budget through HS & College, made things work with buying trade ins to upgrade.  Had a pretty decent system, solid Yamaha receiver, Nakamichi Cassette deck, and a B&O Turntable running some Boston Acoustic speakers.  Finally got my first set of Klipsch years ago, a basic set of KG 2.5s, space constraints! Added some rear surrounds and a center and was off and running.  Just pulled the trigger on a set of RP-280f during this last sale.  Great upgrade and not to big for the wife.  Still want to get those heritage speakers though.....

• Like 8

Great to have you here!  Just jump into the fire with both feet and get the Khorns that hooked you in the first place because if you don't, they're always going to be on the radar and you will purchase a lot of things until you get there.  Ok, maybe that's just me but I'm quite certain that my quest won't end until I have a set of horn loaded bass bins and I could have purchased or built a couple by now and had change.  :)

Would love to grab some horns, just don't have the corners to use them in properly. Think the goal will be to find some Lascalas when I do my basement. I plan on making it a HT and dedicated listening room. I always look on CL for them, just a matter of making the right find when I'm ready. Pretty sure I can learn what to look for here; good and bad

• Like 1

Would love to grab some horns, just don't have the corners to use them in properly. Think the goal will be to find some Lascalas when I do my basement. I plan on making it a HT and dedicated listening room. I always look on CL for them, just a matter of making the right find when I'm ready. Pretty sure I can learn what to look for here; good and bad

welcome! :)

Roger

Greetings all!  New to the forum, been lurking for a little while.  Definitely not new to Klipsch though.  My first Klipsch moment was when I was 14 years old, late 70's early 80's.  My neighbor and I were as into stereo gear as much as one could be at that age.  He was 16 and could drive so we would occasionally visit the local stereo shop.  One day we were in there just BSing with the guys, and the one salesman takes us into the 'high end' room and tells us to have a seat. He put on the master disc of Styx, Come Sail Away on and played it for us over a set of Khorns.  I've been hooked on the Klipsch sound ever since! 

On a limited budget through HS & College, made things work with buying trade ins to upgrade.  Had a pretty decent system, solid Yamaha receiver, Nakamichi Cassette deck, and a B&O Turntable running some Boston Acoustic speakers.  Finally got my first set of Klipsch years ago, a basic set of KG 2.5s, space constraints! Added some rear surrounds and a center and was off and running.  Just pulled the trigger on a set of RP-280f during this last sale.  Great upgrade and not to big for the wife.  Still want to get those heritage speakers though.....

Welcome Jbruno….great first post.

Welcome aboard!  I dig your enthusiasm.

One bit of advice (in the form of a maxim or truism):

When it comes to Klipsch, bigger is better than smaller and older is better than newer.  Since old big things can cost a lot of money, make your move sooner rather than later.  A pair of vintage Klipschorns, LaScalas, Cornwalls, Heresy's, etc that you can barely afford today will be totally out of your price range in 10 or 15 years.  Klipsch - especially the Heritage series - appreciate in value like all works of fine art.  Ask anybody here if they've ever bought a pair of Klipsch "too soon".  I'd bet that 100% of us would say "too late, more like it!"

• Like 2