P 39F on ebay no reserve auction

ClintonH

It has a, "Please email me before bidding..." statement, listed within the photo section???

Oh, that is strictly verboten by the Ebay rules.  They will NOT allow direct email between the parties!   If Ebay catches on someone could lose their account.  

It has a, "Please email me before bidding..." statement, listed within the photo section???

Screenshot_20160129-103412.jpg

A message embedded as a picture in auctions with terms like “before bidding contact me” at an email address outside of the eBay system, etc., is typically a strong indicator that the eBay account may have been hijacked by a scammer. 

The scammer then tries to solicit you to buy outside of the eBay system.  When you send money outside of eBay in response to these solicitations, there often is no recourse as the PayPal account suddenly disappears and no item is ever sent.

Most of the time the hijacker will post many auction listings for high-dollar items with amounts shown on the picture that appear to be a “steal” type of bargain.  I've ran into these accounts when searching for items where over 100 listings were made for all types of expensive items, not just audio gear.   Often times the pictures are taken from other places on the internet and I've seen pictures used in the scam auctions where I've recognized the specific item and knew the owner of the item and where the scammer obtained the photo.

At this point, the unusual aspect here in the listing at the link is that so far there is only one high-dollar item posted by that account instead of many.

• Like 1

I don't see why they can't scam Ebay the normal way, sell one speaker for the $500 auction price, then when you contact them they will sell the "un-advertised" matching speaker for $2500.  ;)

+++

Hey Rich Guy, when you sent your Western Union money order to the Nigerian shipper, did they offer to sell you a main-order bride as well? 

I bet you can get a discount if you order 3 or more!   :wub:

Edited by wvu80