Any Experience With HDMI Extender ?

derrickdj1

I have played around with the extender and movies pop right up.  Apps on the BDP run great except for some of the Netflix programs.  The extender needs to be connected to the source.  I initially connected it to the BDP but, connecting the avr as the source is superior.  As long as movies, Pandora Radio and the other apps popup instanly, I would call the extender a success.  There may be a synergy problem with Netflix and the projector that I have not identified.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

A quick update.  I never needed and HDMI extender, new cable or anything else.  When I set the projector up in the BDP menu I selected 24 fames/2 and 1080 i.  When set for 24 frames/s the BDP operates at UDH, ultra high def or 4K.  The project is only 1080 and was struggling to capture the signal.  4000 pixiels vs 2000 cause the problem.  This did not affect the PQ but, you would have to wait several min. sometime before the image would appear on screen, especially with Netflix.

I thought it was a handshake issues between the projector and the avr.  This may be of benefit for someone in the future, lol.  Also, for long wire runs, if having picture trouble, an easy solution is turning the resolution down from 1080 to 720 or 4K to 1080.

I have been living with picture delay for months, silly me. :angry:

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

PQ is great and the HDMI cable was not a problem  I just did not take off the default 4K setting.  The projector does not do 4K.  Switch  to  1080i and perfect.  I've read about  the HDMI over Cat 6 BDP set to send a 4K signal I would still have the problem.  I've had this BDP for several years and no problems watching TV so, when I got the projector, I never changed the settings.