Configure 5.1 home theater system

Mr.M

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum.  Hope I will get good guidance from experts to configure my Home theater room sound system. I am trying to Configure 5.1 home theater system with YAMAHA RX-A1050 7.2 Network AV receiver. My Media room size is 19’L x 13’W having 5.1 prewired by Builder.

Based on other Forums this room is considered as a small room while configuring and choosing speaker system in terms of DBs and watts, is it correct.

With my little knowledge I had this option(Not yet purchased). My budget is around 2k.

RP-26F as front speakers

RP  450C as center Channel

RP240s as surround speaker

R-110SW as subwoofer

And I want to Add

RP140SA for Dolby ATMOS effect.

1)      Can we modify above configuration to achieve more Dolby ATMOS sound

2)      Do these speaker and subwoofer generate Large vibrations in the room(Small babies in the Home)

3)      If I replace wall mountable Front speaker by replacing Floor sanding speaker’s sound effect will be same or will I loose sound quality? Suggestions for alternate speakers are appreciates

Thanks in advance

I would stay with the tower speakers if your able to, also good choice on the center. I was going to say the sub is a bit weak but if your worried about playing while babies are sleeping in the house it's a non issue.

If you can place your speakers in ceiling you can save yourself some $$ by going with a non Klipsch, I run 4 OSD ICE640 6.5 in ceiling and I'm super impressed by the depth even with the upmix. I paid $110 shipped for 4 on a deal they had going last month.

Mohan, I keep it quiet in other rooms by turning off the subwoofer late at night. Some AVR's have Late Night mode, which tempers the differing loudnesses on a soundtrack. This also helps. For the most part, the sound you hear in other rooms is coming from the subwoofer. The higher the frequency, the less sound gets through solids. That's why you can only hear the subs thumping when kids go down the road with the stereo cranked and the windows up.

Thanks Clinton for your suggestion. unfortunately now I can not  install ceiling speakers on my own and also I did painting(Murals) on my ceiling which looks like Night SKY with some stars, half moon and some planets. As you said Sub is a bit week, I purposely selected by worrying loudness's and vibrations.

Conclusion:Configuration will work good and effectively.

Hi mustang guy Thanks for info. It’s good to know that we can control subwoofer loudness whenever we wanted. If we had an option to control with remote it would be far better.

Now I will go further best sub in my configuration. Max I will go 12’ subs

I'll say it since no one else has. You picked all reference premiere stuff except for towers? No sure why. The stuff at Best Buy is not very good. Get all reference premiere stuff.

Also easy to buy bigger sub and turn down. If you ever want to get crazy when your babies aren't babies anymore the little ten is very weak. I have owned it. How about a budget? And where do you plan on purchasing these?

I think he did pick Reference Premiere towers. He said "RP-26F". I'm assuming he just forgot the zero.

H good catch. I just saw 26f and threw up a little in my mouth. Well then he's golden. Except for that tiny little sub. Get the 115 and just turn it down when babies are home. Trust me I had dual Svs ultras when my son was a year old. I just didn't crank it when he was home. But you know what. That time has come and gone SO FAST. He just turned five and absolutely loves watching stuff in the home theater. I even bought him his own speakers for his birthday. He now has a very modest 2.0 setup for now. And in a few years when he learns when to have the volume adjusted accordingly I'll get him a sub. And one day he will have the sickness just like me. But hey nothing wrong with speakers. Could be doing a lot of worse stuff out there.
  • Like 1

Scrappydue, you are correct, fro front speakers i picked R-26F from reference series to reduce the budget.  

mu question is

1) will it be OK to mis Front speaker from R series and rest of all are from RP seris.

2) Can i skip purchasing RP240s as surround speaker and make RP140SA  as surround speakers?

Thansk fro your suggetions.

Mohan

Scrappydue, you are correct, fro front speakers i picked R-26F from reference series to reduce the budget.

mu question is

1) will it be OK to mis Front speaker from R series and rest of all are from RP seris.

2) Can i skip purchasing RP240s as surround speaker and make RP140SA as surround speakers?

Thansk fro your suggetions.

Mohan

is it ok? Sure is. Would most of us do it? Nope. Matching front three is important. Speakers isn't something most of us skimp on. You want good mains. Surrounds you can skimp on. Not near as important. Front three are important as well as a sub. But yeah you can save some bucks on surrounds.
  • Like 1

Put two layers of neoprene you buy at the hardware store under your sub (either a new, bigger one, or the one you have).  That may reduce (a little bit) the vibrations that are transmitted to the floor.

Make sure the door to the room doesn't rattle.  Some tiny neoprene rectangles can be put on the jam so the door presses against them, preventing rattle.  The bolt should be held against the strike plate, too.  If you close the door to the babies' room, treat that door the same way.  Be sure to take a baby monitor into the movie room.