What are your TOP 3 Klipsch models you've ever owned?

mattSER

klf 20 has two ten inch woofers per cabinet they can push as much air as 1.5 twelve inch woofers

klf 30 has two twelve inch woofers per cabinet they can push as much air as 1.5 fifteen inch woofers

of the three designs mentioned the klf 20 plays the lowest that might or might not factor into your decision as to what is best. I have found that different size woofers also sound different so you might want to establish your own personal preference (ten inch, twelve inch or fifteen inch) prior to purchasing. There is the Chorus loudspeaker which was then followed by the Chorus ll loudspeaker the previous poster was referring to the Chorus which has two front firing reflex vents and a K601 mid horn.

Edited by moray james

Top 3 are Klipschorn(2 pair), La Scala(3 pair) and Cornwall(2 pair).

Have also owned KG2, KG4, Chorus II, Belles and 5 different pairs of Heresey. I am talking over a 41 year span.

Do you really want to get into total numbers of speakers owned? Because I'm thinkin Colter, Kevin Harmon, myself, Scrappy, and Youthman could come up with some impressive numbers for ya! :D 

Roger

• Like 2

When you a+b compare the KLF 20s and KLF 30s, it is really night and day. I already owned KLF 10s and KLF 20s, but when I found the set of KLF 30s, I jumped on it. We had to reglue one of the speakers (the front and back panels were mostly unglued. When we finally put it back together and put them side by side with the 20s using an old Yamaha m40 amp to a+b then, it was unbelievable. The 30s fill the room tremendously compared to the 20s. If you listen to the 20s, they sound really good, then go to the 30s, it's amazing. When you listen to the 30s, then go to the 20s, the 20s sound like crap for a little bit until you get used to it.

Also I didn't own the set of chorus speakers, I heard then at a friend's house. I have a set of belles, but I can't get them to sound great. I have replaced the crossovers with Crites, but something is still not right.

Edited by dtr20
  • Like 1

1- La Scala. Like the horn loaded bass, although needs a sub.

2-Chorus II. Best mid range to me. Hard to hear bass guitar at times, like the woofer is not sensitive enough.

3- KLF 10. Good speakers, overall.

I am thinking about buying Jubilee's, expensive and a little scary ! 

• Moderators

Out of all of these  models that I've owned (except for the palladiums since I did not own them)

speaker-list-01-08-16.jpg

My Top 3 Klipsch Speakers that I've owned would be....

1.  LaScala Trio

2.  RF-7ii with DeanG Crossovers

3.  RSW-15 (that's right....I threw a subwoofer in there...ok make that (3) subwoofers).  :D

• Like 4

Cornwalls

RF7's

KP250's

Order depends on the mood and set up.  RP5's came really close to making that list, but since I considered that I run a sub with all of them, they got the boot, but impressive none the less.  Also didn't include the Split Cornscallas since they were a build, or they would have kicked one of them out.

Have also owned KG2, KG4, Chorus II, Belles and 5 different pairs of Heresey. I am talking over a 41 year span.

Do you really want to get into total numbers of speakers owned? Because I'm thinkin Colter, Kevin Harmon, myself, Scrappy, and Youthman could come up with some impressive numbers for ya! :D 

Roger

That would be a thread in itself 

• Like 1

MCM 1900

Khorn

Hands down the Belle, though they have some upgrades that the LaScala didn't

3rd was won due to already having plenty of bass and the crisp clean highs where there, and I am not a high pitch sound lover - they're just clean sounding. 3rd place contestants were KLF30, FC4, FR83, LaScala, Belle, Cornwall, Chorus II. 

• Like 1

RF-62

RB-51

RSX-3 (with Logitech sub for my computer)

I grew up with my dad owning a set of LaScala's, which got me into Klipsch and he still owns them...  I love them, but they are large and do not dig deep enough for my tastes.  A sub to keep up would just be too large for me to practically place.

Edited by yamahaSHO

Roger

Oh no no no Roger, I cannot compete with the likes of those fine gentlemen and was certainly not attempting to. However, I did begin the journey with a brand new pair of La Scalas at the ripe old age of 17. That has to  be worth something right?   ;)

• Like 2