What are your TOP 3 Klipsch models you've ever owned?

mattSER

Top 3 are Klipschorn(2 pair), La Scala(3 pair) and Cornwall(2 pair).

Have also owned KG2, KG4, Chorus II, Belles and 5 different pairs of Heresey. I am talking over a 41 year span.

Do you really want to get into total numbers of speakers owned? Because I'm thinkin Colter, Kevin Harmon, myself, Scrappy, and Youthman could come up with some impressive numbers for ya! :D 

Roger

Oh no no no Roger, I cannot compete with the likes of those fine gentlemen and was certainly not attempting to. However, I did begin the journey with a brand new pair of La Scalas at the ripe old age of 17. That has to  be worth something right?   ;)

Definitely! :)

I got my first Job when I was 15. the first thing I bought was a Pioneer SX-3900 receiver. I knew what Lascalas were, but they were out of my $2.65/hr price range, so I bought Realistic Mach 1's instead.

My second setup, I went in planning on getting LaScalas. I bought a brand new Nakamichi TA-4A receiver and I told them I also wanted some LaScalas, but they didn't have any in stock and weren't interested in ordering me any. They had Klipschorns on hand, but again, those were out of my budget. I said sell me some Heresies and they didn't have any, and again, were not interested in helping me out. They took me in the room that was a step down from the High end and they had Chorus II's, Forte'II's, and Quartets. I took one look at that non-plywood osb and was bummed and pissed at the same time. I wouldn't even listen to them, I said give me the small ones thinking they would only be a temporary thing to listen too, and thus my Klipsch ownership started.

I also bought a nakamichi CD 3 player at the same visit, and that was my setup plus a Micro Seiki DD-35 turn table, for a long time.

So starting off with LaScalas, you definitely got a jump on me and what I wanted ;)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

It's one thing to have owned a lot of speakers over time, but it's an entirely different matter to currently own a lot of speakers all at once.  From what I remember, Tony Reed had about the largest collection of speakers I have been aware of -- trumping me by a large margin.

I'm changing my answer

Belles

KLF 30s

KLF 20s

We have my belles singing beautifully now. My friend brought over a vintage Sony receiver from the 70s. That was the biggest difference. I bought it from him instantly, and I am so happy. These belles are amazing.

• Like 1

Cornwalls

Belles

Heresy's

The Belles are new to me, had them about a year, still getting used to them.  Maybe one day I can move them to the top of the list. The Cornwalls, though, are pure magic. 

I want to use Cornwall an Belle together. Have you tried that?

JWEB

I used the Belle as a center for the CWs and a CW for a center with the Belles. Ks with a Belle center and CWs for rears is awfully good

Mark

It's one thing to have owned a lot of speakers over time, but it's an entirely different matter to currently own a lot of speakers all at once

What if both apply? I probably need counseling haha

Then some people may think you need counseling.  I'm not one that could point any fingers however...

It's one thing to have owned a lot of speakers over time, but it's an entirely different matter to currently own a lot of speakers all at once

What if both apply? I probably need counseling haha

Everyone on the list I made presently has ALOT of Klipsch Speakers PERIOD!!!

Roger

• Like 1

Everyone on the list I made presently has ALOT of Klipsch Speakers PERIOD!!!

Roger

Oh, I don't doubt that at all.  But I wondered where Tony Reed ranks on that list.  This was years ago, but my last recollection was that he owned somewhere around 80 speakers (at one time) and many were the big ones.

I have a set of belles, but I can't get them to sound great. I have replaced the crossovers with Crites, but something is still not right.

Edit:  I saw further upstream that you had worked out your Belle sound with a vintage receiver.  Glad your sound is now where you expect it to be.  B)

Edited by wvu80