What are your TOP 3 Klipsch models you've ever owned?

mattSER

La Scala

La Scala

La Scala

RF-7 :emotion-45:    - :P -

My LaScalas are my smallest pair.  Since in the world of Klipsch, it generally gets better as you go bigger, I can say:

La Scalla

La Scalla

La Scalla

(I can say that since I have three of them!)

La Scala  :emotion-45:  -  :tongue::tongue: -

• Like 2

1. PF-39

2. KLF-30 (modded)

3. CF-4

Jubilees and Khorns were such letdowns on the occasions that I was given demos. Gear, placement and overall synergy were obvious factors. I'd love to hear them at their full potential because I heard a lot of potential....but it just wasn't happening.

PF-39's I've heard sound no better than RF-7's and I've also heard them as probably the best speaker I've ever heard.

Modded KLF-30's are some serious underdogs.

Edited by SWL
  • Like 2

Forte I Forte II KG 5.5

You favor the Forte I over the Forte II? Interesting, as I thought the F-II was considered the "better" sounding speaker.

I guess you'll be the judge of that. B)

My Forte I have updated crossovers & diaphragms. I was forced to sell the Forte II before any updates. [emoji20]

Forte I

Forte II

KG 5.5

Im with cincymat. Id love to hear Klipschorn, La Scala and a pair of Cornwalls

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Klipschorns with AK-4 upgrade

Klipschorns (with 1982 guts)

Belle Klipsch

All three improved with Audyssey processing in the pre-pro.  They fill a 4,260 cu ft room with ultra-dynamic sound with no strain showing.  Even with the (inferior) subwoofer turned off, they make my pants legs flap in the breeze.

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 2

Belles (with and w/o Volti); yea I know LaScalas are the same for some, not me
Chorus II

Forte II

(Disclaimer, had KHorns but NOT in the environment intended, so thrown out for this comparison and we are talking about in my room/setup, right?)

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 3

Greetings WVU80 and Roger!

Thanks for the welcome....  I've 'lurked' for ages, never felt the need to actually join as answers to my questions are readily available, between here and a few other forums.  

I'm potentially not all that far from you -or WVU80- in Uniontown PA, about 20 minutess due north of Morgantown, an hour south of Pittsburgh.

Tom

Cornwall

Chorus 

Forte

Wow, your first post ever?

Welcome to the forum, Rural Tom!  :emotion-21::emotion-19::emotion-22:

Yes Tom, Welcome to the Forum!

Where in BFE are you located?

Roger

Edited by RuralTom
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome....  I've 'lurked' for ages, never felt the need to actually join as answers to my questions are readily available, between here and a few other forums.  

I'm potentially not all that far from you -or WVU80- in Uniontown PA, about 20 minutes due north of Morgantown, an hour south of Pittsburgh. -Tom

I know right where you are, Tom.  I did an internship at Fayette County Mental Health when I was at WVU.  From my house to yours it would be about 2.5 hours.

Somewhere out near you is somebody who has a massive collection of vintage speakers, Klipsch, Frazier and others, I think located out on Rt. 43.  I don't think he sells, he just buys.  It's been a while and I can't recall his name, but I got the impression he was somewhat well known to speaker collectors in the Uniontown area.

-Dave

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I'm potentially not all that far from you -or WVU80- in Uniontown PA, about 20 minutess due north of Morgantown, an hour south of Pittsburgh.

Tom

Cornwall

Chorus 

Forte

Roger

Tom,

In all of your lurking, are you familiar with the big gathering at the PWK Factory in Hope, Arkansas in May with the us feeding the factory workers, then getting a tour of the plant, a tour of the lab, meeting Roy Delgado and Jim Hunter, getting a tour of the Klipsch Museum, having a private listening session with 60th anniversary K-Horns vs; Klipsch Paladium PF-39s vs; Klipsch RF-7II's and partying on Rodney Newton 610 acres listening to some BIG Klipsch speakers?? You could see the factory where your speakers were made.

Do you have any interest in coming??

Roger

I'm potentially not all that far from you -or WVU80- in Uniontown PA, about 20 minutes due north of Morgantown, an hour south of Pittsburgh. -Tom

I know right where you are, Tom.  I did an internship at Fayette County Mental Health when I was at WVU.  From my house to yours it would be about 2.5 hours.

Somewhere out near you is somebody who has a massive collection of vintage speakers, Klipsch, Frazier and others, I think located out on Rt. 43.  I don't think he sells, he just buys.  It's been a while and I can't recall his name, but I got the impression he was somewhat well known to speaker collectors in the Uniontown area.

-Dave

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Fayette County in its entirety is something of a mental health facility..... 

I wonder who that might be?  It might very well explain why I never see things up for sale around here, unless only briefly.... sounds like he'd be a good fellow to know, I bet I'd love to hear any number of things in his collection.  Maybe our paths will cross!

Tom

Tom

Cornwall

Chorus 

Forte

Roger

Tom,

In all of your lurking, are you familiar with the big gathering at the PWK Factory in Hope, Arkansas in May with the us feeding the factory workers, then getting a tour of the plant, a tour of the lab, meeting Roy Delgado and Jim Hunter, getting a tour of the Klipsch Museum, having a private listening session with 60th anniversary K-Horns vs; Klipsch Paladium PF-39s vs; Klipsch RF-7II's and partying on Rodney Newton 610 acres listening to some BIG Klipsch speakers?? You could see the factory where your speakers were made.

Do you have any interest in coming??

Roger

I hadn't actually come across that, Roger.   That sounds absolutely amazing and I'd happily contribute, as a 20yr. professional chef I likely could bring something to the table!  That being said, it would likely be a timing issue, I'm actually getting married on the 18th of that month then off for a week honeymooning...  sure would love the opportunity though, both to meet fellow Klipsch enthusiasts and hear some amazing speakers.  I hate to admit it, but I've yet to hear a pair of Khorns.  Came close to buying a pair last year, but ended up passing; I don't think my space can handle them.

-Tom

• Like 2

Klipschorn

La Scala

Cornwall

Heresy

Neil

He asked for the top 3, please follow directions and eliminate 1 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark

It would be heresy to eliminate one.

Actually, I forgot to include Belles, as I owned a pair of those briefly, but the La Scalas can share a spot with them.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1