The Universe as a Hologram - I Dreamed a Dream of Life

Jim Naseum

http://upliftconnect.com/is-reality-a-hologram/

The ancient wise men all seemed to come to the same point about life and the universe beginning 3,000 years ago. Then in the early 1900s the best science minds developed the theories of quantum mechanics, in which reality just could not be pinned down. These two views of the mystics and the scientist now seem less than an inch apart.

The video here is terrific. 

My theory (Theory of JJK) is that all quantum particles are connected in a universal mass connecting all the visible mass that is the same expanse as the Universe. There is no time involved in this mass and travel from one end of the Universe to the other is instantaneous. This quantum mass also contains or is dark matter. It is also a component of the holographic matter projection system. You see how easy it is to explain everything.

JJK

• Like 1

The ancient wise men all seemed to come to the same point about life and the universe beginning 3,000 years ago. Then in the early 1900s the best science minds developed the theories of quantum mechanics, in which reality just could not be pinned down. These two views of the mystics and the scientist now seem less than an inch apart.

Ancient wise men in the West may well have been aware that Sumerian and other cultures existed previous to 4,000 BC (about 6,016 years ago as of this year). :)

Biblical literalists (fundamentalists) tend to calculate the Creation as happening about 4,004 BC, or about 6,020 years ago.  Life would have come later.  Other calculations by other literalists produce dates of 5199 BC, 4163 BC, 3,760 BC. 

I once heard an astronomer discussing the over-reliance on parsimony with a TV interviewer.  He said that the most parsimonius explanation of the universe might be that we are imagining it ... or that he was imagining everything, including the interviewer.

Edited by garyrc

Biblical literalists (fundamentalists) tend to calculate the Creation as happening about 4,004 BC, or about 6,020 years ago.

Well, not so much biblical literalists as those who believe in Bishop Ussher.  That aside, this is perfectly good if you go with the hologram/matrix/we're all a giant simulation (which, regardless of attitude about it, we are) idea.  We see time as an absolute, the arrow of time, always moving forward.  So would a hologram who would conceive of "non-temporality" as best it could by thinking of an existence without a CPU cycle...something, of course, not possible in that environment anymore (Think carefully) than it is for us.  Now, our CPU seems to run on Planck time.  The jiffy is the amount of time light takes to travel one fermi (about the size of a nucleon) in a vacuum. Planck time is the time light takes to travel one Planck length. Theoretically, this is the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible.  Our CPU is an incredible multi-threaded one that has so many "jiffy" threads going at once we cannot begin to comprehend it.  Of course, neither would any single component of an simulation as to do so would mean it had to be the whole simulation at once...we'd call that God.

And that's all I gots to say about that...  :P

Dave

• Like 1

Ancient wise men in the West may well have been aware that Sumerian and other cultures existed previous to 4,000 BC (about 6,016 years ago as of this year). :)

Biblical literalists (fundamentalists) tend to calculate the Creation as happening about 4,004 BC, or about 6,020 years ago.  Life would have come later.  Other calculations by other literalists produce dates of 5199 BC, 4163 BC, 3,760 BC. 

I once heard an astronomer discussing the over-reliance on parsimony with a TV interviewer.  He said that the most parsimonius explanation of the universe might be that we are imagining it ... or that he was imagining everything, including the interviewer.

Oh man. I left out a very important comma. This is what I intended to type "The ancient wise men all seemed to come to the same point about life and the universe,  beginning 3,000 years ago." Or better yet I should have said, "About 3000 years ago, ancient wise men came to the same point (as these scientists) about life and the universe."

I'm not a "young earther."

• Like 1

My attempt at explanation: If the universe is just energy humans are nodes of energy. The energy is expressed as our thoughts visions interactions locally. The stuff you think you see, like a chair, or Mars, are just energy patterns associated with you. There's no red planet out there in some physical space if all human minds died out. Only our minds create all that external looking stuff. On the one hand it seems so obvious, right?

• Like 1

My attempt at explanation: If the universe is just energy humans are nodes of energy. The energy is expressed as our thoughts visions interactions locally. The stuff you think you see, like a chair, or Mars, are just energy patterns associated with you. There's no red planet out there in some physical space if all human minds died out. Only our minds create all that external looking stuff. On the one hand it seems so obvious, right?

On the other hand it seems so ludicrous.  If (using your own construct) the earth is much older than human existence, and perhaps if species who appeared before us  also might have looked at a red planet, but being extinct all of their minds have died out, it might not just be our own creation, but a physical space which has vast amounts of time before us and after us, even as it also changes.

Not at all ludicrous, Brian.  I could point out the last line of "Zardoz."  "It was all rather a joke..."  That's a bit extreme, and I rather doubt that it's all joke, but I fully agree with "The universe is not only queerer than we imagine, it's queerer than we CAN imagine."

Dave

A modern version of Bishop Berkeley, without the God part that solves the problem?

Bertrand Russell  (in The History of Western Philosophy) quoted the Ronald Knox limerick that set forth Berkeley's position:

There was a young man who said, "God

Must think it exceedingly odd

If he finds that this tree

Continues to be

When there's no one about in the Quad.

Dear Sir:

Your astonishment's odd:

I am always about in the Quad.

And that's why the tree

Will continue to be,

Since observed by

Yours faithfully,