The Universe as a Hologram - I Dreamed a Dream of Life

Jim Naseum

How does science teach you how to live? Where will you learn "the principles" about love, charity, compassion, respect, justice, morality? From Maxwell? Planck? Is it even possible that you have not studied any philosophy, any metaphysics at all?

I thought this thread was about the nature of the universe, not brotherly love. No human being's dream caused this universe to exist.

I seem to recall reading that PWK was a churchgoer**. Now, why would that be if all he needed was science? What use has a man for Saul, or Abraham, or Mark, when he has Einstein and Hertz and Feinman? Most people I know create a moral framework for life first, and then simply apply science as needed.

You seem to imply that a scientific explanation of the nature of the universe is somehow immoral. Science and morality are two different concepts.

How does science teach you how to live? Where will you learn "the principles" about love, charity, compassion, respect, justice, morality? From Maxwell? Planck? Is it even possible that you have not studied any philosophy, any metaphysics at all?

I thought this thread was about the nature of the universe, not brotherly love. No human being's dream caused this universe to exist.

I seem to recall reading that PWK was a churchgoer**. Now, why would that be if all he needed was science? What use has a man for Saul, or Abraham, or Mark, when he has Einstein and Hertz and Feinman? Most people I know create a moral framework for life first, and then simply apply science as needed.

You seem to imply that a scientific explanation of the nature of the universe is somehow immoral. Science and morality are two different concepts.

Ok, you win. I don't think it is possible to engage you in a useful conversation about these topics of science and metaphysics.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Around 5B of the world's populace believe in multiple universes beyond the "telescopic universe" of western science. The Indians had very closely pegged the age of the earth a few thousand years before western science. They have one of the most fascinating and complex cosmologies in all of civilization. The temporal world we see with our senses is regarded as an illusion (maya). 

Almost all cultures believe that life doesn't end when the body goes dead, and this obviates the need for still more universes of various kinds. Considering the laws of thermodynamics, there kind of has to be a place for that 20W mind to land. 

I wonder how Americans came to embrace the most threadbare cosmology on Earth? 

I thought this thread was about the nature of the universe, not brotherly love. No human being's dream caused this universe to exist.

You seem to imply that a scientific explanation of the nature of the universe is somehow immoral. Science and morality are two different concepts.

Ok, you win. I don't think it is possible to engage you in a useful conversation about these topics of science and metaphysics.

Define "useful."

Define "useful."

Whatever he agrees with?

Philosophies are opinion based. It's a great tool for those who can't handle facts and who think they are generating the universe by what they think or dream.

That's what you said.

Then you said PWK was great because he only worked on science and making speakers.

I pointed out he was religious. Which means he believed in "opinions" which according to you, would have made him "incapable of handling facts. "

As I say, "useless."

Define "useful."
What? Now you can't look up words?

What on earth are you posting here for? Really? What are you trying to accomplish?

Edited by jo56steph74

Jo, you really need to get a grip, go find a healthier outlet for whatever angst it is you're suffering.

Angst? Was it the heaven question? The Indians think there are thousands of universes separated by levels of goodness, or status. What do you think?