The Universe as a Hologram - I Dreamed a Dream of Life

Jim Naseum

I think the trouble right now is the word "imagined."

I don't think the word is useful here. Energy vibration is not imagined. Your senses detect various kinds of energy, our MIND then abstracts all of that into a theory that those energies are objects that would exist if the energy is gone. Since we all are the same kind of energy, there is no other kind of being too explain it to us. E.g. we are self referential.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Suppose there is a human cohort that is deaf, dumb, blind and they can only communicate through touch and smell. What kind of reality would they theorize? It would be a smaller universe, right?

Objects of any kind are for all intents empty space. What makes them appear solid is the odd way our sight works. That's nothing but an energy reading device.

I don't think the word is useful here. Energy vibration is not imagined. Your senses detect various kinds of energy, our MIND then abstracts all of that into a theory that those energies are objects that would exist if the energy is gone. Since we all are the same kind of energy, there is no other kind of being too explain it to us. E.g. we are self referential.

Really? And this thread is about what - facts? 

I dreamed a dream of lies.  And that guy who used to hammer on the scientific method was there, but he was somehow changed as if he was near death and was suddenly trying to justify his existence.

• Like 1

Suppose there is a human cohort that is deaf, dumb, blind and they can only communicate through touch and smell. What kind of reality would they theorize? It would be a smaller universe, right?

Objects of any kind are for all intents empty space. What makes them appear solid is the odd way our sight works. That's nothing but an energy reading device.

Like Tommy, the Pin Ball Wizard, who plays by sense of smell?

WMcD

Edited by WMcD

It's basically tree falling in the woods stuff.  To me it's arrogant to say nothing happens unless we get to see it  (hear it, measure it, etc).

Do you really believe that the billions of years before and the billions of years after humans actually existed? 

You'll have to ask the bear that was shitting in the woods when the tree fell.

• Like 1

To me it's arrogant to say nothing happens unless we get to see it (hear it, measure it, etc).

Don't think the principle is based on arrogance nor do I believe those who posited or tested it used emotion in their deliberations. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette

No, it's about philosophy, epistemology and metaphysics.