The Universe as a Hologram - I Dreamed a Dream of Life

Jim Naseum

You are wherever your mind is creating. Where is that somewhere when you are on LSD or DMT? It is obviously not the same somewhere as the normal awake state, or dream state. You can't have any choice of place, other than what mind creates at the moment.

Therefore we used to be the center of the solar system and the sun revolved around us.  But now somehow we are not.  Amazing.

You are wherever your mind is creating. Where is that somewhere when you are on LSD or DMT? It is obviously not the same somewhere as the normal awake state, or dream state. You can't have any choice of place, other than what mind creates at the moment.

Therefore we used to be the center of the solar system and the sun revolved around us.  But now somehow we are not.  Amazing.

The mind keep growing in ideas of higher complexity and abstraction. One mind infects the next, until a whole new belief exists within the minds. But it's only passed on formally. A new born, left in the wild, with no formal education, will not imagine the earth going around the sun. How could they?

But now somehow we are not. Amazing.

Oddly, you are dead on.  This thread has become almost pure anthropic cosmological theory in direction and the earth ceased to be the center of the universe the moment we decided it was not.  Read Barrow and Tipler. 

Dave

But now somehow we are not. Amazing.

Oddly, you are dead on.  This thread has become almost pure anthropic cosmological theory in direction and the earth ceased to be the center of the universe the moment we decided it was not.  Read Barrow and Tipler. 

Dave

Thanks for the backhanded compliment.

Except for those who don't believe there is a reality independent of the mind. Well, that's at least me.

Not sure you understand it.  Main point of the final is that there is NO reality independent of the mind. 

Goes back to Descartes, "cogito ergo mundus talis est."

Barrow and Tipler: "Observers are necessary to bring the Universe into being."

Dave

• Like 1

Except for those who don't believe there is a reality independent of the mind. Well, that's at least me.

Not sure you understand it.  Main point of the final is that there is NO reality independent of the mind. 

Goes back to Descartes, "cogito ergo mundus talis est."

Barrow and Tipler: "Observers are necessary to bring the Universe into being."

Dave

Berkeley again?  See post number 18.

I looked at the blogs on your website.  Interesting.   

Years ago I attended a lecture by Dr. Leon Lederman (Nobel prize for quarks, etc.) at IIT.

A fellow in the audience asked whether reality is only God's computer simulation. Dr. Leon replied, "Is there a theology department in this institute? You should ask the question there."

As for this general discussion ruminating on a suspicion that there is no objective reality: You're 100% coconuts to doubt it.

WMcD

• Like 1