Help me and others understand the # of drivers, size of drivers and sound level and quality

RoboKlipsch

Three woofers seems like a wast if you heard the RF 7 II's.  No more bass is needed in that speaker.  IMHO, the reason the RF 7 II is still around is because it is a darn good speaker.

I have the 7ii's, love them.  3 Large coppers would just give me a reason to get the upgrade bug back.  The rf7ii's took that away from me.  Can't a guy dream

Edited by dmb12679

I have the 7ii's, love them. 3 Large coppers would just give me a reason to get the upgrade bug back. The rf7ii's took that away from me. Can't a guy dream

I know what you mean.  I originally wanted the RF 83's or 63's because of the three drivers.  I am in the minority on this forum but, I like 6.5 and 8 in. woofers over larger one.  Who said follow the crowd anyway!

Edited by derrickdj1

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's another newbie question I'd like to post it here instead of starting a new thread.  Serious question so if it sounds stupid, hey, I'm new and I'll take the heat.

Should speakers be warmed up...always?  when playing loud?  doesn't matter?  more complicated than I'm thinking?  If so how?  

Should speakers be warmed up...always?  when playing loud?  doesn't matter?  more complicated than I'm thinking?  If so how?

Guys with competition grade mobile sub setups in their car who live up north will often take it easy for several minutes before really letting loose. Outside of that, no. Most are afraid their surrounds are stiffer and more brittle and they'll crack something.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Thanks MLO.   I never heard people talk about it, but I thought asking once would give me a good answer and I thank you for it!  

You will hear people talk about a break in period fo new speakers also.  Some argue weather it is necessary or not, and how long.  Common sense goes a long way.  You may be able to hook up your new speakers and turn them straight up to 11.  But I tend to ease into it.  But after I've listened to them a short time(10-15hour), I'll crank it up any time I want as mloud as I want.

• Like 1

Thanks MLO.   I never heard people talk about it, but I thought asking once would give me a good answer and I thank you for it!  

You will hear people talk about a break in period fo new speakers also.  Some argue weather it is necessary or not, and how long.  Common sense goes a long way.  You may be able to hook up your new speakers and turn them straight up to 11.  But I tend to ease into it.  But after I've listened to them a short time(10-15hour), I'll crank it up any time I want as mloud as I want.

Speaker break-in is very real and even measurable, some being worse about it than others.  But, you're not going to damage anything by playing them too loud before you get to that point.  Klipsch woofers seem to be pretty compliant straight out of the box.  My ultimax subs were a different story.  Dual really stiff spiders and rubber surrounds that feels like it's 1/8" thick.  They were really muffled until 80-100 hours of use.