For Sale: HK 430 Fully Restored

SWL

http://marantzhallo-fi.blogspot.com/2016/02/harman-kardon-430-dual-power-receiver.html

Notorious for being an excellent match with Klipsch speakers...often described as 'tube-like' sound. Very clean, fully functional, fully restored vintage receiver. Bought this a few years ago for $200.00. Recent restoration was $400.00.

Asking price is $600.00 plus shipping.

Pics coming right up.

Thanks,

-Scott

Edited by SWL
  • Like 2

GLWS

A rising tide lifts all boats.

As an owner of several restored h/k x30 receivers, I can vouch for their excellence. The "twin powered" dual transformer design provides plenty of excellent amplification to drive efficient Klipsch speakers. My brother and his audiophile friend preferred the sound of a 430 to a modified Dynaco tube SCA-35.

It would be hard to get a better amp/receiver for Klipsch at that price point.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

The only real reason I'm selling is because I've just had ALL of my vintage solid state restored and despite the awesome sound quality of this unit, it doesn't have 'main-ins' or 'pre-outs'. All of my other units do....and it makes them very versatile for my needs....running subwoofers in particular and swapping different preamps.

I had to make the hard decision to sell because otherwise it'll just sit most of the time. I won't be bummed if it doesn't sell because I love this thing but hey...in this situation I'd rather have another Klipsch owner enjoy it.

Delicious pictures. Love the 430 and 730.

Riv.....you asked me in another thread about how my restored Marantz 2230 sounded compared to my now restored HK 430. The 430 takes it and I was surprised. I love the sound of that 2230 but the 430 throws a larger sound and is cleaner.