La Scala bin grills (aka LaBelle)

Matthews

Will you use button magnets to hold them in place On my La Scala grills that's what was used and work great

WOW!  those are really nice, "Full Range"   :emotion-21:

I will most likely just use Velcro.  Some small vertical strips will be installed to secure to. 

• Like 1

No, no - leave the dog house exposed. For me that is the real eye catcher and defining feature of the LS. Love the cane top grills. With bottom grills it becomes a Belle wanna' be. Naked bottoms, covered tops - hmmmm that can be taken more than one way(:

To me, the grills will bring it all together.  I love how the bin grills accentuate the triangles.  Going to look MUCH BETTER than "naked", IMO of course...

Certainly not a "wanna be".  I prefer the Scala over the Belle...

Will you use button magnets to hold them in place On my La Scala grills that's what was used and work great

WOW!  those are really nice, "Full Range"   :emotion-21:

I will most likely just use Velcro.  Some small vertical strips will be installed to secure to.

Thanks

Magnets work a lot better, they are surprisingly strong

Just one pair of button magnets per grill is needed

And I also like grills - good trim and colour gives the La Scala a polished look

• Like 2

my finger tips feel like they have been rubbed to nubs from working with that cane :mad:

...other than a few tweaks, bass bin grills complete :D

attachicon.gifbin-grill7 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifbin-grill6 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifbin-grill3 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifbin-grill4 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifbin-grill5 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifbin-grill8 (Medium).jpg

Now to do the sub - DOES IT EVER END!!!!? :excl:

They look great, how much are you going to sell them for and what's the next project?

Mark

• Like 4

They look great, how much are you going to sell them for and what's the next project? Mark

Thank you, Sir!

that's funny, made me laugh a bit, Mark :D

...NOT selling this pair - these are EXACTLY the La Scala I have always wanted :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 1

Cane can be stiff and hard to work with but worth every bit of effort once its done.

I sprayed the working edge with water.  Made it much easier to mold around the frame but still brutal on the finger tips...

I just soak the material in warm water, makes it much easier.

You would need to seal the frames to keep the moisture away but just another small step and saves your skin from damages, a little anyways.

• Like 1