OT: Headphones

Gondor

gondor, i have the hd545's and they are great. good highs, good mids, a little soft on the bass, but excellent sounding. they are discontinued but they sound fantastic as most of the guys @ headwize will tell you. you may still be able to pick them up at www.jandr.com They used to have some, might still and they have a 30 day money back no questions asked so if you don't like em, return em. as for the 590's, lotta people seemed to think that the high's were a bit too prevalent. the 545's are only $99 bucks, but if you wanna go the $200 route, go for the hd580's. i have never talked to anyone that doesn't like them and most people think that they are one of the best headphones you can buy within reason (we're not talking stax omega's here or anything).

hope that helps (also, i demo'd the hd570 and found the high's a bit much, so i returned them (an many people compare them to the 590's, so that may help.)

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

If you guys are talking about the MDR-V600s, I dont have $129 to spend on headphones... And I am pretty happy with the AIWAs... I dont see anything on the Sony Website about MDR-V6s... plus I dont know if I could get back to Best Buy to return these in time, I live on a college campus and the trip to best buy was a favor for me by one of my friends

Alright, I found the V6s on another website, but i still dont have $80 to spend on them... I dont see why you all have a problem with the AIWAs, they have good bass response, clear highs, and enough power to make my head feel like a concert

I have just returned a Sony ear-bud, and am using the Koss "plug" and they are going back. Trying to get a seal to get the bass response bothers my ears, are unstable in my ears, and are a pain in the *** when someone speaks to me. (you have to remove them to hear even with mute, then you have to reset them in your ear)

Drag your-self down to RadioShack and listen to the Pro35.

These have the same drivers as the Koss PortaPro's, the SportaPro's, Kcs35 ear clips.

These are the titanium diaphragm with neodymium magnets.

The $15 KCX-Pro's are the same as the Pro35's, and all Koss have a lifetime warranty W/$10 handling charge.

Once you buy these for $15 to $30, you will have to spend $150 to get a appreciable improvement in sound quality.

The biggest complaint is too much bass and highs, and to inexpensive for $500 Senheiser Freaks to take seriously.

paragon, the 495's aren't too bad. make sure you're portable can drive them though (if that's what you're going to use them on) unless you plan on buying an amp too. For classical, you DEFINETLY want senn's. Grado'

s are nice for rock and roll, but that's pretty much it. Senn's have much more versatility and MUCH more detail. I love listening to any classical on my 4.1's and as it gets late, switchin to my hd545's is a sheer pleasure. The detail at which you can hear the violins just blows any speaker system away on the resonable market. it's like listening to two totally different songs.

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply