Newbie looking for feedback on combo

I was thinking great setup great room! Then I read "100 year old record player...repurposed" and saw the open lid. Is that a Victrola or a Cheney? I have a working 1913 Cheney a tad more ornate and fully functional. My Cheney is fully functional and I have about fifty acrylic records to go with it. Wondered how could you do that to an antique? But I also have a cabinet from the 50's that held Sherwood mono tube equipment. Preamp,amp and tuner all tubes but nonfunctional. Did you remove the black color to get that mahogany look or is it stained? I ask because I stripped the black age color to find a beautiful finish underneath. I am thinking of refinishing my Cheney after getting an estimate of worth. Did you strip and put new shellac or did you strip stain and shellac your antique?

The cabinet is from a Starr phonograph, made in Richmond Indiana. They were essentially a knockoff of Victrola. It had already been repurposed a bit when I bought it for $40 from a lady that had been using it as a small dresser. She was moving and ran out of room in the truck, so listed it on Craigslist as "come and get it".

It still had the screen in the front but all mechanicals had been removed. I removed the front screen and added the amp shelf along with the small door that retains the original knob and hinges that were on the screen door. The shelf for the computer is two piece and removeable for access to the back of the amp. The two pieces have a 4" gap in the middle to allow the amp ample breathing. The external finish is original and the manufacturer's name is still on the underside of the lid, now hidden by the screen on my Mac.

I like the idea that it was originally made to provide music and is continuing to do so. It also plays right into my login name for this forum.