Keeping the Boxes?

Cantilope

Got some big boxes in the mail the past week.  Inside was a brand new set of Walnut Jubilees.

The boxes are large, typically I do keep my boxes but these are very large and seem less custom fit.  Do you think I would be making a mistake by getting rid of them?

Thanks,

Joe

• Like 1

My attitude on boxes is to keep them if you have a safe space that's large enough and will stay dry and won't destroy them.  You don't need them until you do, and you can imagine for yourself how difficult it would be to duplicate them.  Alternatively, could you find a packager if you had to?  From what I've seen, Klipsch boxes are very rarely needed -- the fabled Cornwall Vault is only sought out every several years, and then people have to hunt around, find it again, and pay to ship it to whoever needs it.  Not a high turnover process!

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 2

I burned mine.  I don't really have the room for big boxes like that and figured the only time that will be an issue is when my wife is selling them from my estate.  At that point, the new buyer can worry about it!!

That said, if I had the room, I would have kept them.

(they made a huge fire when I burned them)

• Like 3

If there is a dry space off the ground Then keep them...covered with plastic to keep the dust/fly splat off of them..and fresh. Set them off to the side or overhead (best) till sometime later. Hang them from the rafters or put them on top of the rafters...keep the manuals too.

It reflects well on the seller if he has the original boxes and manuals in case someone sells in the future.

Just my .02.

JUBILEES huh? How do they compare to your prior speakers? NICE acquisition!!! !!! !!! !!!

Sounds like I will try and keep them.  Even broken down they are still a lot of cardboard

As far as how they sound... better than any speaker I have ever heard.  

• Like 1

I just tossed my LS2 boxes... I held onto them for months and months. I usually keep all my boxes, but really, those things were HUGE... in the trash.

you could flatten the boxes and keep them that way... but the internals will not flatten.

those jubes are beautiful.

Edited by Schu

Interesting...

What do you think of their sound with no drywall to reflect?

It will be real interesting to see what later changes if/when you add drywall to the room.

I've wondered (before we put drywall up) if there was perhaps merit in putting up a piece "here & there" for reflective purposes and leaving most of it off to absorb.  Using some fabric or something to otherwise cover the insulation (or block wall) for the wife.

Interesting...

What do you think of their sound with no drywall to reflect?

It will be real interesting to see what later changes if/when you add drywall to the room.

I've wondered (before we put drywall up) if there was perhaps merit in putting up a piece "here & there" for reflective purposes and leaving most of it off to absorb.  Using some fabric or something to otherwise cover the insulation (or block wall) for the wife.

Yep, these have been my thoughts too.  That's why I waited, that and to make sure my wiring is where it needs to be.  There is concrete/block on the other side of the studs so they are still within a 1' of a corner and have great solid bass.  Like unreal horn loaded solid bass.  These bins are so cool, nothing like the belle.

Don't laugh but I was looking at decommissioned parachutes on ebay, thought that might make a cool fabric stapled to the studs.  I think it sounds terrific, I almost don't want to sheet-rock then just cover it again with absorbing material.

I hate the window, a mistake by my builder who didn't think I would mind.  I do have a 120" motorized screen on the way and I would like to build one of those multi-unity horns to set on the ground for a center.  I love these things, they really are a whole different level, 5.1 movies and concerts must be phenomenal.

• Like 5

Congrats on the Jubes........super nice.....

I'm a box keeper.....yea they are a pain sometime.....I have no speaker boxes just the boxes all my amps and other gear came in...

I loved big boxes when I was a kid....would play in them till they fell apart.....hell, I still play with boxes...me and my grandson....anyway....back on topic....I would keep em....

MKP :-)

• Like 2