Keeping the Boxes?

Cantilope

Congrats on the Jubes........super nice.....

I'm a box keeper.....yea they are a pain sometime.....I have no speaker boxes just the boxes all my amps and other gear came in...

I loved big boxes when I was a kid....would play in them till they fell apart.....hell, I still play with boxes...me and my grandson....anyway....back on topic....I would keep em....

MKP :-)

When I was a kid (51 now) My mom brought home this HUGE, HUGE, HUGE box of building blocks.

Think great big, 1.5 foot long Lego style blocks made out of Styrofoam (yes, they connected with pins on top and holes on the bottom)

I used to have hours and hours of fun building forts with those things ;)

Roger

• Like 1

• Moderators

I burned mine.  I don't really have the room for big boxes like that and figured the only time that will be an issue is when my wife is selling them from my estate.  At that point, the new buyer can worry about it!!

That said, if I had the room, I would have kept them.

(they made a huge fire when I burned them)

Same for me, no intentions of selling any anyway.

• 1 month later...

OK so it has been a few weeks and unfortunately I am going to get rid of the boxes.  Tired of moving them around and I must say I am absolutely in-love with these speakers.  I think it is said above, they'll be in the estate and not my problem.

If you have not heard these Jubilees, I highly recommend that you check them out.  You'll never be the same, I promise you that.

• Like 2

OK so it has been a few weeks and unfortunately I am going to get rid of the boxes.  Tired of moving them around and I must say I am absolutely in-love with these speakers.  I think it is said above, they'll be in the estate and not my problem.

If you have not heard these Jubilees, I highly recommend that you check them out.  You'll never be the same, I promise you that.

What crossover are you using ?   active or passive ?

Seems like the best thread to ask about this....

I bought some RF-5's in 2002, kept the original packaging/boxes, and have moved 10-12 times since then, and probably put these speakers in the boxes and taken them out easily 20+ times (I'm in the military). The original packaging is great, the foam inserts are sealed in plastic and has stayed perfect for almost 15 years. In the past year, I bought some RF-7II's, and every single foam insert in the boxes broke apart as the speakers were taken out of the box the very first time. The foam wasn't sealed in plastic like the 5's, and there's almost no chance that the inserts will be able to be used when I have to pack these back up. What gives??? Has anyone else had issues with the internal inserts to the packaging??