Old Stereo Ads

BobK

Is this a World Radio ad I wonder?  They were the big chain all throughout the Midwest back in the 80s.

Man, I had no idea the JBL 4312 sold for so much money back in the day.  Let's see, if I were to put a system together from just this ad I'd grab the JBLs, that trio of DBX separates, and the matching DBX CD player.  Total cost: $1909.80 (in 1989 dollars).  That's almost FOUR GRAND in today's dollars!

http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/electronics-ads

Edited by Krispy Kirk

From my personal collection:

Rolling Stone Magazine September 26, 1974 (included with my purchase of Volti mods that were pre-Volti and yes, it's the entire issue). Perhaps a Hope door prize, what say u?

post-19886-0-29440000-1455064786_thumb.j

post-19886-0-10360000-1455064798_thumb.j

post-19886-0-47120000-1455064812_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET

Wow.. I remember the Arthur  Fiedler Boston Pops catalogs... I was in my teens and always accompanied my parents on Friday night grocery shopping to the local mall.. There was a Radio Shack and an audio store featuring the most gorgeous Marantz receivers, BIC Venturi speakers and Technics black SL1900 turntables...  Memories!... I ended up buying a pair of Advent Large Loudspeakers, Pioneer SA7500II, and Dual 510/Shure MD95... still have em all! 

Here's where you want to go to find yourself in old ad and gear heaven.  Be forewarned.  You will be there for many, many hours.  Ian (seti) maintains an awesome site. 

Dave

Dave, 

You weren't kidding! I don't know whether to bless you for that link - or to curse you!!

I clicked on it last night around 8 PM. 7 hours later (3 AM) I had barely scratched the surface!!!

Every single item posted at http://www.itishifi.com/ is simply irresistible reading.

Thanks a lot! I guess????

:D

Edited by blindman