Cambridge Audio azur 840C SOLD

Cornman

In primo condition, I had used Nad & oppo player's before, & was extremely impressed with the quality of improvement in sound with this 840c. Remote & owners manual. I am having trouble re seizing my photos, so please email me for photos or more info .I want $750.00 .

After researching the current value of this unit I see the price has fallen quite a bit since I purchased it from fellow member Willand for $850.00, about 18 months ago. New cost was $1,400.00, & the reviews are "Best of".

Corman

Edited by Cornman

After researching the current value of this unit I see the price has fallen quite a bit since I purchased it from fellow member Willand for $850.00, about 18 months ago. New cost was $1,400.00, & the reviews are "Best of".

You are right about the average price drop but the 840C still is highly regarded as a CD player and outboard Dac.  I think $600.00 is a steal for such a quality piece.  I use my 840C a couple times a week and it never fails to amaze me.

I found a couple of photos of the front and rear views from when I sold it to you.

Good luck with your sale.

Cambridge Audio 840C Azur rear.jpg

Bill

post-24680-0-76600000-1455391243_thumb.j

Edited by willland

Thanks Willand for the photos & info. "it never fails to amaze me." I could not agree more  Willand, when I am selling an item I am always a little shy about bragging on the product, dont wont to sound like a hustler. :rolleyes:  But all the reviews are true, I never really believed source could improve my sound this much, & in addition it is so very user friendly & built heavy.  Like many of you here I have gone thru a lot of gear, these reaming components that are left from my Jub system are here because for my ears -my room- they were the cream of the crop to drive those big horns. 

Cornman

Thanks Willand for the photos & info.

My pleasure.

"it never fails to amaze me." I could not agree more  Willand, when I am selling an item I am always a little shy about bragging on the product, dont wont to sound like a hustler.   But all the reviews are true, I never really believed source could improve my sound this much, & in addition it is so very user friendly & built heavy.

If you brag on the gear too much you might get the old "if it is so great why are you selling it?" ;)  :D question.

So is all your digital sources going to be computer based if(when) you sell the 840C or are you going all analog?

Bill

Good point Bill, actually I am downsizing everything in my life, now that I live alone & in addition my hearing is falling. I still have a  couple of the great vintage Pioneer & Sansui receivers & my Cornwalls, that will suffice for now. Expect to spend more & more time in my camper so at some point I might even sell the Cornwalls as well  Yea it's just those life changes that are prompting the sell of all my best gear. --

Bat 5i pre amp                                       $

Crown K2 amp                                       $

Sophia Electric 300b mono blocks         $

Cambridge azur 840c dac & cd player   $

Happy Valentines day to all you lucky lovers.

This probably goes without saying for most here but for the new folks that aren't aware, you can buy with confidence from Cornman as he is a stand-up guy.  I'm a repeat customer of his and have sent a whole lot of money his way without any issues or regrets.  Heck, I would consider this CD player and even his BAT pre-amp (maybe even the Sophia) but he's already got all my money and probably wouldn't take an IOU!  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As you can see Willand has been bumping this Cambridge for me because he really likes the player & he's a cool cat! Thx. Willand, so now I will do my part & reduce price to   $500.00, even though there is one on the Audiogon for $800.00.

• 2 weeks later...