RF-7 Continuation?

GeneralZod

So, I really want a pair of RF-7 II's eventually but don't want to buy them and then BAM, another series is introduced. With that being said, does anyone know or do you all think the second series is the last of their kind? Or the last Klipsch floorstander that will house 10" woofers.......with beautiful veneer cabinets? Thanks

If you really want them then why not find a nice used pair and buy them? Whether Klipsch produces an RF-7 III or not doesn't seem to matter. Do you think a theoretical RF-7 III is going to be so much better than the current version II, that you'd lose money selling the II at some point in the future?

Was the RF-7 II any different/better than the original? Splitting hairs if you ask me...

Whether Klipsch makes another floorstander with dual 10" drivers... Who knows? I have more confidence in saying they'll never make another 3-way (mainstream, other than Heritage) speaker. Something they haven't done since the KLF series ended in 2001.

• Like 2

If they do release a 7iii, and you had the option.  The cost of buying the ii would be far less!  I would guess a new 7iii pair would probably run +/- $4k new, where you could get a set of ii's for roughly $2k or less.  If you had the option presented to you would you spend the extra $2k for the newer line?

If they do release a 7iii, and you had the option.  The cost of buying the ii would be far less!  I would guess a new 7iii pair would probably run +/- $4k new, where you could get a set of ii's for roughly $2k or less.  If you had the option presented to you would you spend the extra $2k for the newer line?

Thanks for this additional consideration--It reminds me that if the original RF-7s/RC-7 or RB-75s are found in the used market they are worth their weight in gold (comparatively speaking) :)

Well...........

click

New caps are needed on this model to tame the harsh top end and firm up the flabby bottom end.

Everyone one does not find the top end harsh.  Everyone does not need mods.  The speakers are fine and most of us liked the sound when we audition them with no mods.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Well...........

click

New caps are needed on this model to tame the harsh top end and firm up the flabby bottom end.

Everyone one does not find the top end harsh. Everyone does not need mods. The speakers are fine and most of us liked the sound when we audition them with no mods.
I think he was making a political statement in regard to the initial post and both trying to fly under the radar..
  • Like 1

" New caps are needed on this model to tame the harsh top end and firm up the flabby bottom end. "

Everyone one does not find the top end harsh. Everyone does not need mods. The speakers are fine and most of us liked the sound when we audition them with no mods.

He wasn't talking about speakers.  I don't even want to think about the flabby bottom end.

And yeah, it was pretty funny.  :lol:

• Like 3

And yeah, it was pretty funny.

I guess I've seen too many propaganda triggers to find it funny, but understand why it would amuse some....That said,  it did seem to confuse derrick, who posted the original GIF and gave a thoughtful answer to the speaker question the next day....Weird in an ironic kinda way. ^_^

Edited by Zen Traveler

Who knows? I have more confidence in saying they'll never make another 3-way (mainstream, other than Heritage) speaker.

What about Palladiums? Aren't some of them 3 way? Just sayin'

Read my quote... I said "mainstream". The Palladium series is NOT mainstream.

I'm talking about the models that used to be more mass market (KLF 20/30, Quartet, Forte II, Chorus II) and were within reach (price wise) to most.

Since the KLF series, all of the Reference, Reference Premier, etc. has been 2-way only and priced much lower. And the only current model (RF-7II) in the same price range as the KLF 30 or Chorus II, is also a 2-way.

And having owned KLF 20`s and multiple pairs of Forte II, Chorus II and Quartet... I'd personally take them over anything (except the Heritage line) made since the KLF series ended.

I think a 3 way RF-7 type, with a much lower (600-700 Hz) woofer to midrange crossover, and a separate tweeter, would be a speaker worth potentially purchasing. Until then I'll stick with my LaScalas.

• Like 3