Asking for your prayers...

Grizzog

Have a new addition to the Klipsch speaker family coming in July...

Had a longer ultrasound today and the news was not the best.

It currently appears that my son has no forearms. I ask that any of you that follow in faith ask the good Lord to provide the way and guidance through this time; whether that be to hear of a mistake made in the current outlook, or the strength and correct path to follow in the future. Asking that His will be done.

Edited by Grizzog
  • Like 5

I have just prayed for you, your wife and son. I will pray with my wife shortly and we will pray for you knowing that suffering produces endurance,and endurance produces character, and character produces hope. May you have strength, peace and joy through these difficult times.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I don't know if this is your first child or not, but know that in all likelihood, many of the forum members have had children that may not have turned out as we initially hoped.  But, they are our kids, and we love them regardless.  Personally, after having a wonderful, easy-to-raise daughter, we had a son that has been more of a challenge.  We work through it. 

There is a child in my daughter's class that was born with severe cerebral palsy. The child can't walk or talk, but is very smart and funny.  With the help of a computer "talker," the child can communicate, and even tells jokes.  It wasn't in the parents' plans, but they have made accommodations, and also have a younger "normal" child now.

My point is that the strength to work through it will come to you.  Medical technology will likely help with some areas.  Your son will likely amaze you with what he can do; never having forearms in the first place, he will more easily learn how to live without them, unlike the rest of us who would have to learn everything all over again if we lost our arms.  Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

• Like 7

Thank you for the responses and prayers. I cannot express what it means that those that have only known me through this forum are taking time to think about or write something to my family.

My wife and I have no concerns about how much we will love our son. The difficulty comes in imagining the frustrations he may face. This is our first child, so everything will be new. I am confident he will amaze us and things will be as they should, but it is certainly scary. I'm not one for expressing personal matters in pretty much any setting, but I am thankful I did here.

My sincerest gratitude to everyone responding or just reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• Moderators

Praying for you, your family and all of the medical professionals that will be assisting in the coming days, months and years. Please know you have the love and support of our family and this community behind you.

Congratulations on the pregnancy and impending birth of your firstborn.

• Like 5

I don't know if this is your first child or not, but know that in all likelihood, many of the forum members have had children that may not have turned out as we initially hoped. But, they are our kids, and we love them regardless. Personally, after having a wonderful, easy-to-raise daughter, we had a son that has been more of a challenge. We work through it.

There is a child in my daughter's class that was born with severe cerebral palsy. The child can't walk or talk, but is very smart and funny. With the help of a computer "talker," the child can communicate, and even tells jokes. It wasn't in the parents' plans, but they have made accommodations, and also have a younger "normal" child now.

My point is that the strength to work through it will come to you. Medical technology will likely help with some areas. Your son will likely amaze you with what he can do; never having forearms in the first place, he will more easily learn how to live without them, unlike the rest of us who would have to learn everything all over again if we lost our arms. Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Well said. Thoughts and prayers with you guys.
  • Like 4