Asking for your prayers...

Grizzog

Our physical vessels are only a very temporary home in which our soul resides. The soul you and your wife will bring into being is all that truly matters. The world can be cruel, and likely your son will have to face it, especially in his younger years. Give him strength. Embrace his earthly manifestation; ignore the expectations of others and recognize the gift that he surely is.

Love really is all we need. Congratulations on a very lovely little boy.

• Like 6

Grizzog, 

Congratulations on your upcoming child! I'm sorry to see that you had an unexpected result on an ultrasound and I know first-hand how terrible that can feel. I will be praying for and with you that later tests yield different results and that the child continues to grow and develop normally. 

In the interim, I would encourage you to not focus on the potential difficulties you may have in raising the child and difficulties that the child may have in the future. As things stand right now, you have a child coming and that is a great blessing in itself. If we spend our lives in constant worry about what may be, we simply heap misery on ourselves. While it is possible that some negatives may come out of your child's possible condition, it is also extremely likely that many wonderful positives will come out of this child's life. 

You have asked for prayer, I also want to offer some Scripture to aid in your comfort.

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (Matthew 6:25-34 ESV)

It is my earnest prayer that these words give you peace and rest as you await the birth of your child!

• Like 6

May I pray for you and your wife that all the love, joy , and patience that is needed  be provided and that the Holy Spirit be with you always. Don't try to lean on you own strength and understanding.Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in all your ways.

As a side note . I was born with Cerebral Palsy.  Don't let your mind or fear  limit you or your new child's abilities. God will provide a way. Amen

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to do a quick update. Thank you again for the prayers and support, it means more than I can express.

Had an additional ultrasound. The baby's heart, brain, and everything look healthy and developing well. It looks like he will have 2 fingers a little down from the elbow on each arm. This should make it a little easier for a lot of tasks that could be imagined. Most importantly, he appears healthy.

This forum has been awesome for advice on speakers, upgrades, and audio knowledge. Having posted this, it has also been a refuge for me and I am forever grateful. Thank you for your support and I will be here for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have a very corny saying I have always liked and has helped me in times of need. "Don't focus on the 90% of things you can't control,instead, focus on the 10% you can".

In your situation, I would use this as an opportunity to learn everything I can on this issue and how to go about prosthetic limbs if in fact that is what is needed. There have been so many different ways with developments in the past few years that have helped others in the same situation and hopefully they can help yours.