Asking for your prayers...

Grizzog

Have a new addition to the Klipsch speaker family coming in July...

Had a longer ultrasound today and the news was not the best.

It currently appears that my son has no forearms. I ask that any of you that follow in faith ask the good Lord to provide the way and guidance through this time; whether that be to hear of a mistake made in the current outlook, or the strength and correct path to follow in the future. Asking that His will be done.

"His will be done" as the OP said. is "where it's at"

He has THE Master  plan.

We only see darkly.        Lars.

Had an additional ultrasound. The baby's heart, brain, and everything look healthy and developing well. It looks like he will have 2 fingers a little down from the elbow on each arm. This should make it a little easier for a lot of tasks that could be imagined. Most importantly, he appears healthy.

I used to know a woman who had 2 fingers a little down from the elbow on each arm.  She became an accomplished sketch artist, then later got an advanced degree in psychology.  I think she became a psychotherapist.  I do know that when I knew her she was a delightful and apparently happy person.

• Like 1

When I was 16, my best friend's little brother died of, I understand, Leukemia,

I was one of the MANY peers watching and eternally affected by his attitude during this  process.

One of 3 sons from a stronggg faith family.

I love them so much, even though I was A TOTAL  dumbass that did a "Lawnee" on them with my 69' Roadrunner.

In their 80;s now , selling their gorgeous home that I had much time and Family dinners in,, and moving to their church owned awesome Senior home.

I had just a few "real" friends.

Really, just him that has continued for 40 years since,

Whats the point?

I say again - He has THE Plan for those that CHOOSE to follow Him.

All is Good, He works it all with His Fathers Love.

Hopefully we can catch a revealing glimpse of this.      lars

Be at peace, Grizzog.  I am not going to relate my own story.  Many here know it.  But I've been where you are.  Even though, in the end, we lost our beloved daughter at age 13 to early graduation by merit from this life the experience was priceless and I remain thankful for it and for her life.  I know it seems hard to see now, but every step forward your child makes will be a much greater triumph and bring you far more joy than from a "normal" child.  You will rejoice and so will he!  I believe that, as with us, God has sent you the RIGHT child, to the right place, and at the right time.  It isn't a curse, it's a blessing.  Make the most of it! 

I was told before my first child that until you have a child you cannot possibly understand the real meaning of life and what it is like to be a parent.  They were right...to a point.  But with a special needs child there is even more.  Embrace it, and realize that this is not a problem for your doctors.  As our child's heart surgeon admonished us three days after her birth when we asked him what we should do "YOU are your child's advocates."  Learn EVERYTHING and be totally involved in every decision.  You will find resources out there you did not know existed.

Trust me on this...it IS a special blessing and you will have greater pride and love for this child than you can imagine!

Dave

• Like 2

The point is I was "Saved:"  and read and and studied after.

The ones that don't agree, that's your "Free Will" choice,

God never made brainless puppets or slaves.

He never MADE with a shotgun to your head do ANYTHING.

It is ALWAYS our choice which way to go.

God's love is TOTALLY  encapsulationaly  holding her, Little One creation of His..            Lars

My wife (a special ed teacher who has worked with many kids who had missing, or incompletely formed, limbs) saw your thread and asked me to tell you that your sons arms will not prevent him from leading a normal life.  "Disabled" is simply a label which society likes to put on those who may be a little "different."  For example, she knew the young fellow in the following video quite well.  He'd be offended if anyone suggested that he is "disabled" or "handicapped" in any way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8hFJdQ7iX4

Maynard

• Like 1

If I can add one more thing, that may be a another different way of looking at things.

When my triplets were born I jumped in and took care of them with no issues. People used to say to me 'How can you handle 3 at one time"? My response was that for me it was normal, as that's all I knew. Your child and your family will feel the same way,and most likely your child will look at what some may think as handicapped or disabled as normal for their situation and not use it as a crutch.And I'm sure you and your spouse will do an excellent job in teaching that it's not a handicap at all.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to give an update. My son was born on Friday. Spending some time in the NNICU, but doing ok. Have some more hurdles to pass here in the hospital with both him and mom, but everything will work out.

Again, thank you for all your support and prayers.

979c75b827b072882b3f7e28760f4dcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Grizzog, congrats buddy! I say that with a little extra enthusiasm because I have no children of my own (and never will).

When I was rather young, about 5-years old, there was a neighborhood kid that also has what your new son does. I will say this much, he didn't take crap from anyone.