2 Pairs of Belles in Fayetteville, AR?

avguytx

Did anyone happen to see the price on the Belle's that were apparently listed on the Fayetteville, AR Craigslist about a week ago?  The ad is already down but there were two pairs.  Sheesh...  I go a week without searching and  that happens.  Phil probably bought them and will triple the price.  :-/

• 2 weeks later...

What is the correct price for a pair of Belles in good condition. I realize Phil is WAY over the top with his pricing, but what would you consider a fair price? Good looking, good sounding pair, within 5 hours driving distance.

Tough to say. The more upgrades the better. If you score some for $2000 and they have ~ $600 xovers, and ~ $3 - $400 in other upgrades, look at the deal you really have. 

Ex:

I don't think there is a "correct" price.  People are going to pay what they think something is worth based on how bad they want it/them.  They aren't worth $3,000 to me.  I can build them identical for a lot less than that with "upgrades" and have them look identical down to the emblems on the front (sans stickers on the back).  They would sound the same as original, too.  Or better.  To build the cabinets, it's less than $200 worth of wood, glue, screws, cloth, etc....it's just time in doing it.  Drivers can be had new and used.  It's not rocket science for me to build cabinets.

So, for me, I'm not going to spend a lot on a pair because it's just not that important.  For what I've seen them go for through the years, $3000+ won't happen with me.  But there's a buyer born every minute.

Edited by avguytx

My basic fair market value for used speakers in excellent condition available locally are:

• Khorns - $3,000
  • Belles - $2,500
  • La Scala - $1200
  • Chorus II - $850
  • Forte - $800
  • CF-4 - $800
  • CF-3 - $600
  • CF-2 - $400
  • Heresy - $500
Edited by wvu80

You forgot my CF-2's in your list... I actually have two pair of them. If I could get $400 for the re-built pair I would be happy. If I could sell my La Scala for $1200 I would be happy. For my K-horns and Belles I would consider the selling price listed my minimum. My Cornwalls would be the same as the La Scala. I just have a hard time selling any of my Heritage speakers. 

The one thing I don't understand is why my KP-201's would bring less than Heresey's. I have had some very nice Heresy's. Sold a beautiful WO pair into Sweden for $750, but they were gorgeous! I just don't sell many speakers anymore...

You forgot my CF-2's in your list...

No I didn't.  Look at my list...again.  :lol:

I actually have two pair of them. If I could get $400 for the re-built pair

OK, the Edit feature is my friend.  :rolleyes:  I agree with you, $400 for the CF-2's would be right in line with the rest of the CF-x lineup.

I would be happy. If I could sell my La Scala for $1200 I would be happy. For my K-horns and Belles I would consider the selling price listed my minimum. My Cornwalls would be the same as the La Scala. I just have a hard time selling any of my Heritage speakers. 

I was wondering about the Cornwalls.  I don't see enough of them for sale to have a good sense for a fair market selling point.

The one thing I don't understand is why my KP-201's would bring less than Heresey's. I have had some very nice Heresy's. Sold a beautiful WO pair into Sweden for $750, but they were gorgeous! I just don't sell many speakers anymore...

The KP-201's are not home models.  The home models have a larger potential purchaser pool and are therefore easier to move, would be my guess.

$2500 for Belle's really.  That is a bit much unless they are really special like Brazilian Rosewood Lacquer with upgrades.

I paid a $1000 for my first pair of Oak Clear with Cane grills, and more for a Walnut Oil pair ($1750).  I would not pay more than $1500 - $1750 for a pristine pair, otherwise you are looking at Klipschorn money.  Paid $1250 for my first pair of Klipschorn's, $1350 for the next, and lastly $1000 for the final pair. 

• Like 1

Pricing is always very subjective by the seller.  Fair market value (FMV) applies to most potential buyers.  Pricing below FMV will of course gather more attention, even from those not otherwise interested in the product, but certainly interested now since it is at a "good price".  Pricing below the perceived FMV will usually result in a quicker sale, than if at FMV.  On the other hand, pricing above FMV reduces your potential buyer market.....and typically increases the amount of time it will take to sell the product....due to the small field of buyers you are entertaining.  Prices extremely above FMV is really only thrown out there for one buyer.....the uninformed "sucker" with more money than sense.  These buyers are out there.....it may take a long time to sell at the inflated price, but if you are OK with waiting, you will eventually find him.  In essence, pricing and length of time to sell are usually directly related. 

Hogfan

• Like 1

I would agree that $2500 is on the high end. More realistic is $2000 for a very nice pair that are ready to rock and roll. My only suggestion is not to wait until the end all save all sale next door. Unless you already have Khorns or LaScallas, every day you wait looking for the perfect deal, is another day not enjoying these wonderful speakers.

Edited by MookieStl
  • Like 2

OK, let me adjust that Belle $2500 price.  I didn't have a firm idea of that price, just that it was under the Khorns and above the La Scalas.  I won't edit my list above because the rest of the posts after that won't make sense.  But for future reference, I'll use a different number.

I also used price points instead of a price range, so it is by definition going to be wrong.  So you guys think $2,000 is a more realistic number for Belles, excellent condition, local pick up?  Is $1800 a better number?

Edited by wvu80

FMV is different than the exception. $40 Heresy, $75 Cornwall or $200 Khorn is an exception, but it happens. Add a zero to the end of those numbers and that's closer to what they are fetching = fmv. 

Then there is the exception that swings the other way. They weren't beaters, but they weren't respected either...and still fetched a lot more than FMV.  

• Like 1

OK, let me adjust that Belle $2500 price.  I didn't have a firm idea of that price, just that it was under the Khorns and above the La Scalas.  I won't edit my list above because the rest of the posts after that won't make sense.  But for future reference, I'll use a different number.

I also used price points instead of a price range, so it is by definition going to be wrong.  So you guys think $2,000 is a more realistic number for Belles, excellent condition, local pick up?  Is $1800 a better number?

I like the $2000 number for very good to excellent condition. You go below 2 and that is usually the ones that have not been cared for and or seriously need some updates/upgrades. Since I may someday be looking to sell my Belles, I prefer the $3295 number with the old AB x overs that started this thread or contributed to the start.

• Like 2