Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

i use to smoke an ounce a day. Since i lost one of my lungs, i’ve cut my smoking in half.

I didn't even think an ounce a day could be smoked ! They would have to move me around in a wheelbarrow at that rate. :o:D

I could hear old George Zimmer now......instead of "Your going to like the way you look" he now says " Your going to like the way you feel".......... I guarantee it !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I didn't even think an ounce a day could be smoked ! They would have to move me around in a wheelbarrow at that rate. :o:D

Depends on an ounce of WHAT.  Of course, the price of an ounce of WHAT is well beyond most of us anyway...

Dave

• Like 1

One of the LARGEST bilboard sighns in my town (bremerton) reads "keep blazing, be amazing".

Poor Joe camel got the AX for promotion of a cancer causeing agent. Clearly, the smart people who "think" there is any "profit" here should take bus 101 again. But then, these are the same folks that think a "safe place' to shoot heroine is needed for the community .  Nancy posed a war on drugs, weed was the gateway. Send another mixed message why dont they, kids arent screwed up enough with oxy and Chiva 

genius 

1 hour ago, Allhartfidelity said:

weed was the gateway

From the National Institute on Drug Abuse (copied and pasted from their site).

However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances. Also, cross-sensitization is not unique to marijuana. Alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs52 and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other, more harmful substances.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

What source did you use to come up with that conclusion?

They are just guessing, it's in the "terrible things handbook", for people who just want to lecture about things they have no clue about.

I have no problem with a little cross-sensitization on occasion, :lol: a drink helps with a dry mouth. :blush: But never felt the urge to try heroin, crack, or any of the many other things just because I was a little loaded .

One thing it does tend to cause is excessive listening to music and relaxing, some things many people could use a little more of.  

On 2/6/2017 at 7:53 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

Should people be permitted to publicly hang themselves?

That would be murder, which is illegal. 

And I'm very sure you know that the act of suicide is considered de facto an insane act and the public has an interest in helping those with a mental illness who are a danger to themselves or others.

Troublemaker.  :P

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

From the National Institute on Drug Abuse (copied and pasted from their site).

However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances. Also, cross-sensitization is not unique to marijuana. Alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs52 and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other, more harmful substances.

Interesting contradiction. first sentence says MJ doesnt, "for majority " the remainder of the paragraph says there is a correlation .  me, i dont know about "the majority" i speak merely of my own personal, lengthy ,  first hand experience before ,  during, and after decades of experimentation . 

much like Marantz, Klipsch, Opus, not all is desired by all.

i can only relay how these events applied, and contributed to, events in MY OWN life. 

Everyone has different life experiences.  The NIDA is looking at people as a whole.

Basically it's saying that using marijuana doesn't mean that you're going to use harder drugs and that use of marijuana, cigarettes and alcohol all can be used prior to going to harder drugs.  No one starts with heroin.   2 of those three listed are horribly damaging tor your body and by the way, legal.