Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

• Moderators
4 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Just curious, how many people on this thread live in a state where MJ is legal?  How many of us would feel OK using it if, it was legal?  Oh, if you are wondering about me, the answer is no but, not based on any moral high ground.

Zero

It is a controlled substance under federal law.  It isn't legal in any state under federal law.

The Attorney General will be sure to keep reminding you of this in the coming months.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

I heard it was the manufacturing medical marijuana portion of the law that passed, not the sale. Is that correct?

We passed the medical bill that allows the growing and selling. If you get a medical card then you will lose your concealed carry permit. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Zero

It is a controlled substance under federal law.  It isn't legal in any state under federal law.

The Attorney General will be sure to keep reminding you of this in the coming months.

If our new Attorney General enforces that federal law, he may be dropping a catalyst in the revolutionary soup that has been bubbling of late.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, garyrc said:

If our new Attorney General enforces that federal law, he may be dropping a catalyst in the revolutionary soup that has been bubbling of late.

Certainly could be.  

9 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

We passed the medical bill that allows the growing and selling. If you get a medical card then you will lose your concealed carry permit. 

And you could still be prosecuted under Federal law for cultivation, even with a state permit.  Losing your CCP would be the least of your problems.  

If the state laws are at odds with federal policy, someone will be the guinea pig to see how it plays out under the Supremacy Clause and the 10th Amendment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Certainly could be.  

And you could still be prosecuted under Federal law for cultivation, even with a state permit.  Losing your CCP would be the least of your problems.  

If the state laws are at odds with federal policy, someone will be the guinea pig to see how it plays out under the Supremacy Clause and the 10th Amendment. 

So how do you see this playing out? What is your understanding of state law vs federal law , especially with so many states having it legal?? 

noI haven't smoked weed since 87. My Dr. of 25 years has been pushing me to smoke it for my arthritis forever. Here in Illinois MM is legal, but you do lose your CC. Federal over rules state law. I'm out on WC since November for surgery on my elbow and hand, they are trying to decide whether to replace my right shoulder and if it will work. I severed 2 tendons that hold the rotator in place. Grafting in new tendons is a 20% success rate. So I pound Norco and now Percocet, I take 2 before I get out of bed. This will go on  until I go to pain management. I ate 3 mg of peanut butter candy and waited. About 45 minutes later, my nerves came alive and I felt great. Not the least bit high but absolutely no pain for about 12 hours.

So IDK how many people know or care what I do. I've been in the golf business since  I was 11. In 2010 my health insurance went to 14K a year. I went to work overnight at WM so I could pick up health insurance (which would now be 22K/year) and continue to work at the course full time. I'm suppose to return to light duty tomorrow, but they want me gone. Even if I have a prescription for weed and I test positive, I lose my shitty job and the great health insurance. WM follows Federal law, not state, so the prescription means nothing. I would bet that within a week of going back to work, I get tested. I'm clean I think but this will go on until they wear me out or we end up in court over the WC claim.

@dwilawyerTravis, you want to use me as the guinea pig and take on the biggest retailer in the world?

BTW, @eth2 has been helping me thru this mess with OSHA and labor laws for about 1 1/2 years. Earl has gone way beyond anything I could ask for, doesn't matter the time of day, he answers me immediately. OSHA got them for retaliation, so they continue to try and get rid of me. At this point, I was told Tuesday, my position has been filled, they will let me know if and when I can go back to work. Oh, and they cut my WC checks off a month ago because I was paid for the grievance I filed against them. So I'm not on payroll, but I got paid so no money for you. If you've talked to me lately and I seemed crazed, it's because I am, I'm on the edge. I apologize to anyone who I have snapped off on, there's been a couple of you. My mind is just scrambled right now.

Sorry for the rant, the MM was amazing to me and it won't kill me like the pills I eat like PEZ

Mark

• Like 3

Now I'm hungry for Pez.  At the same time I am laughing because you have managed to make a scam called golf actually pay.  Good for you.  Your post also points out the need to get insurance companies out of the way of health care.  I don't like hearing about your chronic pain and the hassles you deal with because of it.  You are not the only one here regarding that either.  Best of luck.

What is the big deal about concealed carry?  If you lose it simply move on to open carry...(Texan talk).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Now I'm hungry for Pez.  At the same time I am laughing because you have managed to make a scam called golf actually pay.  Good for you.  Your post also points out the need to get insurance companies out of the way of health care.  I don't like hearing about your chronic pain and the hassles you deal with because of it.  You are not the only one here regarding that either.  Best of luck.

What is the big deal about concealed carry?  If you lose it simply move on to open carry...(Texan talk).

I carried every day in my fanny pack holster in Chicago from 93-07. The cops all just pointed and asked what I shoot. Smith P-60 with 38Ps so it wouldn't kill the people on the other side of the wall. LOL
Weed will only become legal nationally when the pharmaceutical companies can figure out a way to get their hands in the jar. Until then, the dispensary they call pharmacies will continue to rape people who don't have a pharm card. Look at the Epi pen for allergies. How much does it cost now? It used to be about $160 for 1 shot, now you can't afford it unless you go to Canada or God forbid, Mexico. I'll be smuggling back some pens and blue angels for my friends here who need them.Then the government will tax the shit out of it, but from the prices I see online, it's dirt cheap and the states taxing it don't know what to do with all the revenue.

BTW, if anyone in Ca want to send me one of those 1000mg candy bars that cost $40, I would be happy to pay shipping. Send it to the club

Mark

1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Weed will only become legal nationally when the pharmaceutical companies can figure out a way to get their hands in the jar.

Yep.  Because why?  Who makes the laws?  Who contributes money to the people wanting to get reelected so they can make the laws for their friends benefit?  If dandelions got people high, they would never be seen again in public.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yep.  Because why?  Who makes the laws?  Who contributes money to the people wanting to get reelected so they can make the laws for their friends benefit?  If dandelions got people high, they would never be seen again in public.

You should eat a handful of dandelions, they have a sweetness to them that's hard to describe. And the stems are not nearly as difficult to deal with

Mark

A knee-jerk reaction of politicians, based in racism, promoted by a government parasite who was going to lose his job prohibiting alcohol.

I have no doubt that history will show marijuana prohibition to be one of the worst things the U.S. government ever did to its people. Billions of dollars wasted, innumerable lives lost or wasted. Much worse than the 10,000 people who were killed by the government during by adding poison to it during alcohol prohibition.

If you want to make a plant illegal, pick poison ivy.

↵ Use original player
YouTube
← Replay
X
i

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/1/2017 at 9:25 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

noI haven't smoked weed since 87. My Dr. of 25 years has been pushing me to smoke it for my arthritis forever. Here in Illinois MM is legal, but you do lose your CC. Federal over rules state law. I'm out on WC since November for surgery on my elbow and hand, they are trying to decide whether to replace my right shoulder and if it will work. I severed 2 tendons that hold the rotator in place. Grafting in new tendons is a 20% success rate. So I pound Norco and now Percocet, I take 2 before I get out of bed. This will go on  until I go to pain management. I ate 3 mg of peanut butter candy and waited. About 45 minutes later, my nerves came alive and I felt great. Not the least bit high but absolutely no pain for about 12 hours.

So IDK how many people know or care what I do. I've been in the golf business since  I was 11. In 2010 my health insurance went to 14K a year. I went to work overnight at WM so I could pick up health insurance (which would now be 22K/year) and continue to work at the course full time. I'm suppose to return to light duty tomorrow, but they want me gone. Even if I have a prescription for weed and I test positive, I lose my shitty job and the great health insurance. WM follows Federal law, not state, so the prescription means nothing. I would bet that within a week of going back to work, I get tested. I'm clean I think but this will go on until they wear me out or we end up in court over the WC claim.

@dwilawyerTravis, you want to use me as the guinea pig and take on the biggest retailer in the world?

BTW, @eth2 has been helping me thru this mess with OSHA and labor laws for about 1 1/2 years. Earl has gone way beyond anything I could ask for, doesn't matter the time of day, he answers me immediately. OSHA got them for retaliation, so they continue to try and get rid of me. At this point, I was told Tuesday, my position has been filled, they will let me know if and when I can go back to work. Oh, and they cut my WC checks off a month ago because I was paid for the grievance I filed against them. So I'm not on payroll, but I got paid so no money for you. If you've talked to me lately and I seemed crazed, it's because I am, I'm on the edge. I apologize to anyone who I have snapped off on, there's been a couple of you. My mind is just scrambled right now.

Sorry for the rant, the MM was amazing to me and it won't kill me like the pills I eat like PEZ

Mark

@eth2 is a great lawyer.  We helped out another forum brother together on a horrible situation last year.  

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

You should eat a handful of dandelions, they have a sweetness to them that's hard to describe. And the stems are not nearly as difficult to deal with

Mark

I used to pick them by the bag full when I was little.  My father would make wine out of them.

Sorry to hear about your issues Mark.  I hope there's a positive outcome (no pun intended) in your future.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:11 AM, dwilawyer said:

Zero

Medical Cannabis is perfectly legal in Canada only after getting a script from an authorized physician's. There are restrictions on how much and time period if one has an illness deemed by Health Canada as eligible for MM treatment. In Alberta you are required to see the physician for 3 months, then 6 months (free of cost to the patient) and you can plan on being assessed each time carefully. I have no issue with MM use where warranted. I am not looking forward to day when Canada implements Recreational Cannabis eligibility for anyone here older than 24 YOA.

Looks like Sessions/Trump has a plan to:

- End easy access to recreational cannabis in states like WA.

- Change the crazy Nixon era drug classification so that simple cannabis possession in the future will not result in those arrested being essentially treated as harshly as someone found with cocaine, fentanyl, etc.

I doubt Sessions will succeed in any attempt to stop the sale of medical carded cannabis in states with MM Laws in place.

The Genie is long out of the bottle on cannabis in all forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk