Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

• Moderators
On 8/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, Steve_S said:

The country is prevaricating :D....Sounds kinda kinky Lol

Usage Note: The traditional meaning of prevaricate is "to speak or write evasively." In recent years, a second sense has developed, meaning "to behave in an indecisive manner; delay or procrastinate," perhaps influenced by equivocate, which primarily means "to speak evasively" but can also mean "to be indecisive.

How do we take our word back?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2017 at 7:05 AM, dwilawyer said:

How do we take our word back?

While we're at it, we need to take back:

• factoid
  • overachiever
  • short term memory
  • negative reinforcement
  • stereo
  • honor
  • professional
  • subject-verb agreement
  • causation v.s. association
  • electrocute
  • watts per channel (in a way that makes sense)
  • making sense
  • random
  • rationalism, empiricism, intuition, faith, authority
  • science
  • chemicals
  • widescreen
  • classical music (v.s. romantic movement, modern, contemporary orchestral, etc.)
  • A few I can't mention because they might trigger violation of of forum rules
  • The Summer of Love

• Like 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, garyrc said:

While we're at it, we need to take back:

• factoid
  • overachiever
  • short term memory
  • negative reinforcement
  • stereo
  • honor
  • professional
  • subject-verb agreement
  • causation v.s. association
  • electrocute
  • watts per channel (in a way that makes sense)
  • making sense
  • random
  • rationalism, empiricism, intuition, faith, authority
  • science
  • chemicals
  • widescreen
  • classical music (v.s. romantic movement, modern, contemporary orchestral, etc.)
  • A few I can't mention because they might trigger violation of of forum rules
  • The Summer of Love

Amateur is another

• Like 1

As long as Big Pharma and the Alcohol and Tobacco Industries are seeing their profits slide, due to the use (increasing daily) of this amazing plant, they will work in front of and largely behind the scenes to keep this plant illegal.

Throw in the tons of money LE gets from busting folks who either grow or get caught possessing it, and it will be a tooth and nail fight to get it 100% legal in the US.

Add to the 40+ years of Govt brainwashing that our Nation has had to endure, it’ll take some time for some folks to come around.

I agree 100%, and I’m 100% pro weed, that kids should not be using it. No doubt that their brains are still developing and are not ready for it.

I am a 100% disabled, retired Vet and I am in a State that may be last to legalize it, which for me and the chronic unrelenting pain I live with, absolutely sucks. I live on pain meds and would love to be able to use (legally and in the open) this amazing plant to help mitigate my pain. 

Having said that, I’m only a 90min drive to NV and a couple of hours from CO! 

• Like 1

Just now, ccdowenye said:

As long as Big Pharma and the Alcohol and Tobacco Industries are seeing their profits slide, due to the use (increasing daily) of this amazing plant, they will work in front of and largely behind the scenes to keep this plant illegal.

Throw in the tons of money LE gets from busting folks who either grow or get caught possessing it, and it will be a tooth and nail fight to get it 100% legal in the US.

Add to the 40+ years of Govt brainwashing that our Nation has had to endure, it’ll take some time for some folks to come around.

I agree 100%, and I’m 100% pro weed, that kids should not be using it. No doubt that their brains are still developing and are not ready for it.

I am a 100% disabled, retired Vet and I am in a State that may be last to legalize it, which for me and the chronic unrelenting pain I live with, absolutely sucks. I live on pain meds and would love to be able to use (legally and in the open) this amazing plant to help mitigate my pain. 

Having said that, I’m only a 90min drive to NV and a couple of hours from CO! 

Rock on.  And what you describe applies to so many policies.  Big money runs things.  We only elect who gets the scraps from them.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 9:04 AM, dwilawyer said:

Tx just licensed its first mj dispensary. 

Only for very low, almost 0 THC.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/CUP/index.htm

Just what the doctor ordered, smoking without the feel good part............ it'll be just as effective as Oklahoma's near-beer.

On another note, I read this article (see below), which at first it seemed only interesting (still is), but quickly turns to depressing. I had no idea that MJ could be used to help people suffering from epilepsy. But the really sad part is discovering the level of suffering a person has to endure, before their allowed to switch and use Medical MJ. Totally disgusting, and wholly unacceptable IMHO.

http://www.newsweek.com/texas-marijuana-dispensary-first-republicans-793383

• Like 1

The fed will have to change their stance sometime.  The number of states with some form of legalized mj has to.

AZ had to have medical mj rammed down their throat 3 times [by initiative] before we got it. They are still trying to make it not work.

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, WillyBob said:

we can/like to blame Sessions ... but, he doesn't have the power to change the law.    Because the laws ARE on the books,  he, technically, should be enforcing all of them.

I'm not a fan of his, either....  just sayin'

In a way it is good Sessions is doing what he is doing. Because now it will force the issue and congress will have to come to terms with actually passing legislation to legalize or at least decriminalize instead of keeping Cannabis in the strange grey zone limbo its been in the last 10 years.

• Like 1