Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

Just now, Mallette said:

Specific to general with a very large sample is poor science.  Amateur diagnosis of your addictions is valueless.  No conclusions of any significance to be drawn.

Dave

except that i’m either bad at telling a joke or you’re bad at getting one  :D

• Like 2

Of course, given the petite sample size—15 students from a similar age range and location do not accurately represent the whole human race—this finding is by no means certain. But it does suggest an intriguing way to just say no to drugs: Turn on the music, tune in, and drop out.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/yeah-good-music-gets-you-high

Here's a nice video that ALL of you right-wing practitioners of teetotalism will agree with, and facts ALL you left leaning hippies will dead flat refuse to believe.

At least we can all agree that the above sentence is true.  Kumbuya. 

Enjoy.  B)

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Here's a nice video that ALL of you right-wing practitioners of teetotalism will agree with, and facts ALL you left leaning hippies will dead flat refuse to believe.

Good grief.  ONE "scientist,:" a PhD commenting on brain chemistry.  About as useful as a physicist commenting on human behavior.  A single unstable man ranting on camera as evidence of the national threat of demon weed.  "Uranium" compared to a plant. Percent of prison population in for personal use possession...sheesh.  Underage use as a threat of legalization.  Same applies to guns and alcohol.  The criminals will find other crimes...gotta LOVE that silliness! 

Whole thing simply re-edited would work just as well for the other side, probably better.  Really creatively re-edited a riotous SNL skit, for sure! 

Dave

growing jobs in my neck of the woods..

Growing jobs in North Utica

Utica- North Utica will be home to a marijuana grow, for medical marijuana.

Bloomfield Industries is one of five in the state who has a license to grow and make medical products. They were recently bought by, Med Men, a California based company.

Brightwaters Farms Greenhouses on Herkimer Rd., will be home to the plants.

News Channel 2 spoke with Mayor Rob Palmieri, who said he's more excited for the economic benefits that go along with it. For example, Bloomfield industries is hiring about 20 people for the addition.

"It's a new level at this point, experiencing what the benefits will be as it grows. We're very fortunate to have them in the City of Utica. It'll continue to grow from a number of areas. They're going to need construction workers, along with other jobs," said Robert Palmieri.

Palmieri said the plant will reserve 10% of the factory for the grow, which equates to about three to four acres. 

For information on the jobs available visit: http://bloomfieldindustries.com/careers/

Utica is an economically disadvantaged area and undoubtedly will welcome any new source of employment after the exodus of the military (Griffiss) and Remington. However, this is not the type of industry that can revitalize CNY. Employment levels will be low, and pay for agricultural jobs is at the bottom end of the scale. Also, substance abuse rates in this area are well above national averages. I am not sure what message this sends to an area in desperate need of manufacturing jobs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eth2 said:

Utica is an economically disadvantaged area and undoubtedly will welcome any new source of employment after the exodus of the military (Griffiss) and Remington. However, this is not the type of industry that can revitalize CNY. Employment levels will be low, and pay for agricultural jobs is at the bottom end of the scale. Also, substance abuse rates in this area are well above national averages. I am not sure what message this sends to an area in desperate need of manufacturing jobs.

but we have this ...

http://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2016/12/after-utica-deal-collapses-everyone-points-fingers-at-suny-poly-108170

When I was growing up in Syracuse we had Carrier, GM, Chrysler/New Process Gear, Bristol Myers, ...
Similarly, Rochester had Kodak, Xerox, Bausch and Lomb...
Upstate is still a great place to live, but it will never recover from the migration of manufacturing to low labor costs countries, or even the South.

• 1 month later...