Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

7 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Don't hold your breath...unless you just had a major bong hit.

It's happening and change is here...

I've always wondered why life see's color and this is true in politics, not just color, but you against me and what folks believe...

I think we aren't alone

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I think we aren't alone

From the old days:  "Those who smoke weed don't know anyone who doesn't.  Those who don't smoke weed don't know anybody who does."  This is definitely breaking down as those who've been the former finally speak up. 

Dave

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Just think of all the great parties that were missed.

"Anybody who claims to remember the 60s wasn't there."  Alice B. Toklas.  Actually, she didn't say that an nobody knows who did...at least those who were there.

Dave

• Like 4

From the article:

Women’s health expert Jennifer Wider, MD, tells Yahoo Beauty she has some concerns.

“It has been well-established that THC comes along with side effects — even in older people,” she says, listing anxiety, paranoid thinking patterns, drowsiness, slowed sense of time, and dizziness as examples. “More research will be needed before this could become an accepted therapeutic modality.” Ammerman agrees, noting that “there are still a lot of unanswered questions.”

Yeah.  We can't have any of that.  Might as well go for a good margarita - or two!

Of course they fail to mention that there are different side effects for each kind on Marijuana which is widely known and published.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mallette said:

"Anybody who claims to remember the 60s wasn't there."  Alice B. Toklas.  Actually, she didn't say that an nobody knows who did...at least those who were there.

Dave

I think Robin Williams at least repeated it, or may have originated it.

Or David Crosby?

Actually, I've heard rumors that it is quite well remembered, despite the weed and other substances.

• Like 2

So I was reading the Crappy News again....I found this in an article...The article had nothing to do with Marijuana what so ever But I think it applies....

“We cannot shut our eyes to such evidence when it stares us in the face, for there’s none so blind as they that won’t see,”

• Like 2

On 5/19/2017 at 10:50 PM, Mallette said:

Dave

"Dude, lets move I cant see the band"

"See the band? Dude I can TASTE THE BAND"

-Best line from a sketch on a classic rock station I used to listen to.

That being said, if you look at the massive EDM festivals, concerts and raves they have now I would put current drug use pretty close to on par with the 60's. The attitude and politics are much different though. That and MDMA replaced LSD and Adderall replaced cocaine.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2016 at 0:05 PM, homeskizzle said:

I know that cops around here use it as a reason (Probable cause?) to search vehicles for "harder" drugs...ie...Officer thinks he smells weed in the car, calls in drug dog, and hopes he gets some harder substance. Ultimately, it wasn't about Marijuana, but about control. 

Talked to an excon once....

What did you serve time for?

"Growing"

Hmm, where you from?

"Humboldt county"

Had a big operation?

"No, but the Sheriff's son did"...:wacko:

I laughed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

prevaricating

The country is prevaricating :D....Sounds kinda kinky Lol

Usage Note: The traditional meaning of prevaricate is "to speak or write evasively." In recent years, a second sense has developed, meaning "to behave in an indecisive manner; delay or procrastinate," perhaps influenced by equivocate, which primarily means "to speak evasively" but can also mean "to be indecisive.

• 4 weeks later...