Klipsch forte ii with carver tfm-45

fluidcool

This guy i know was cleaning out his basement and gave me a pair of forte ii  , carver tfm-45, carver ct-17, realto eq, Center and rear channel amp carver . and the center and rear klipsch speakers.. Is that Carver Tfm-45 a good amp to drive those fortes. It seems like it can overpower them too easily ???post-62401-0-26320000-1455334900_thumb.jpost-62401-0-85600000-1455334939_thumb.j

Forte II's love some good solid state horsepower, so don't worry about the extra bit of headroom your amp has over the rated input power of the speaker.

A little too much is better than not enough as it will provide a little insurance that you don't clip the amp even if you have the volume up a bit.

Dust'em off... hook them up... turn it up!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.....

That my man is a KILLER set up....that Caver is rated 375 watts @ 8 ohm and will bring those Forte's to life......that Caver will got those woofer's woofing for sure.

I dive most of my Klipsch with Carver power.....I'll have those power needles jumping into that 375 watt mark with no proplem with a set of Chorus.....they love it...

Now the Forte's are rated @ 500 peak and 100 watts continuous......they will take 100 watts all day long and a whole lot more.... and if you have played with them you'll know that just a few watts will get em bumbing....but hey when you want "feel" the music....give em that Bob Carver power....

Have fun with em......

MKP :-)

• Like 4

I dont take much your right!!! I hooked up a 60 disk changer to it i got at goodwill for 4 bucks and wow!!! Put some TOOL on and Wow.. This thing shakes the 13x16 room its in :) I am kinda nervous about pushing that carver to 375 watts with these speakers though :)

• Like 2

More Klipsch Please has more experience with Carver amps than I do, but he also has bigger Carver amps than yours.

The Carver amp he is running is not being pushed to the max at 375 watts, yours would be!

You never want to push an amp to the max, that is when you will get the amp to clip. and that is what will hurt your speakers.

As already stated, More Klipsch Please has more experience with Carver than I do, so I would wait for his input on this, but I would think you would be safe to run 250 watts through them with that amp. The last thing you want to do is hurt them, because those are desirable speakers and hard to come by parts for them.

Have you got any idea of how much money that gift from your friend is worth?

Roger

• Like 1

Yea i do know the value now.. He told me he wanted that junk outta his basement :) They were still in the original boxes packed away.. said he needed to downsize years ago and would never use them again. I'm HAPPY :). Sound way better than the denon and klh speakers i had in there before..

Edited by fluidcool
  • Like 3

Yea i do know the value now.. He told me he wanted that junk outta his basement :) They were still in the original boxes packed away.. said he needed to downsize years ago and would never use them again. I'm HAPPY :). Sound way better than the denon and klh speakers i had in there before..

Nice score, it's great to have friends like that. I had a friend give me a Marantz 250 amp recently - we love 'em all!

Personally, I can't see pushing that Carver amp hard into those Klipsch - for sure it's a great setup (I have a CT-17 also, paired to a TFM-25) but the Klipsch are sensitive enough big power just isn't needed (IMO).

And in the boxes??? It just keeps getting better and better!

CONGRATS ! Awesome ! WOW..... Great set, dont try to see how much the speaks will take with that amp. If you get loud enough to hear distortion it's too loud and that amp will shred most tweeters/speakers if it gets to clipping long. You probably would never be able to listen that loud so.......enjoy!

• Like 1

CONGRATS ! Awesome ! WOW..... Great set, dont try to see how much the speaks will take with that amp. If you get loud enough to hear distortion it's too loud and that amp will shred most tweeters/speakers if it gets to clipping long. You probably would never be able to listen that loud so.......enjoy!

oh I push 225 watts rms through 106 dB / 1 watt / 1 meter klipsch TSCMs often.

Yes, you can listen that loud, but it is usually when you are just showin off!  :rolleyes:

Roger

• Like 1

Great score, if you need to know anything about your Carver gear, stop on over "TheCarverSite" , I'm a member there and it's a great forum like this one. Lot's of helpful folks if you have any questions.

I run my Heresy's off of 40W Mac monoblock tube amps, I run my Carver ribbons off of Carver 575W Silver Seven t monoblocks. That's not a combination that I want to switch up. I fear the Heresy's would let the smoke leak out. Just use the throttle (volume control) wisely.

BillWojo

• Like 1