WTB: Pair 2" Compression Drivers

jorjen

Here's a link to Jammin Jersey in So Cal.  They have your speaker drivers.  But they also have earlier mid range compression drivers as well.   In particular they have a pair of 2480 drivers which happen to be pretty rare and they're not cheap.  I own and use the JBL 2482 midrange driver.  I tried to find the 2480's but none were around when I was searching.  Check it out.

http://www.jamminjersey.com/speakers.php?prod=jblcomp

Here's a link to Jammin Jersey in So Cal.  They have your speaker drivers.  But they also have earlier mid range compression drivers as well.   In particular they have a pair of 2480 drivers which happen to be pretty rare and they're not cheap.  I own and use the JBL 2482 midrange driver.  I tried to find the 2480's but none were around when I was searching.  Check it out.

http://www.jamminjersey.com/speakers.php?prod=jblcomp

Thank you. And yes, I have dealt with Jammin' Jersey before. I check their JBL driver list often. I had pretty much decided to get a pair of 2446H from them now. Then down the road spring for Tru Extent Be diaphragms for them. I have been living with TAD TD-4001's for the last few years which I loved but recently sold.

Would you be interested in a pair of JBL 2482? I'm looking to start clearing out some stuff, and they are on the list. Let me know.

Jeremy

I did consider the 2482 Jeremy. However they do not appear to go quite high enough. Would like them to go to 6000 or so fairly flat but it looks like they start to drop pretty good around 5 or so. Also, I would be locked into 3-way only use. Would like a driver that I could also try 2-way.

That does not mean they are completely out of the equation for me though. Do they have the original phenolic diaphragm? How much are you asking?

Not high jacking the thread OP but I'm looking too but didn't want to start a second thread until you found what you were looking for.  I'm not sure what you're application is, but I'm looking for something to load in a set of Goldwood 450 horns to play with a 2 way active set up, so it appears we're looking for the same thing.  would love to find something good to 20,000 but probably not in the budget. 

I will offer a pair of K-63-KN CD's, $200 shipped.

They have the standard 1.4" screw-on thread and I think they have a 2" diaphragm.  You can't find these on the used market.  They came out of my two-way CF-4's and have neo magnets.

They are not for sale on the open market as I am not actively trying to sell them, but if a forum member wants them I'll let them go.

I will offer a pair of K-63-KN CD's, $200 shipped.

They have the standard 1.4" screw-on thread and I think they have a 2" diaphragm.  You can't find these on the used market.  They came out of my two-way CF-4's and have neo magnets.

They are not for sale on the open market as I am not actively trying to sell them, but if a forum member wants them I'll let them go.

Thanks Dave. Looks like I have got it handled though.