Need advice: What speakers for 14ft ceiling?

Big Ears

Hi Mr. Ear.  Sorry I couldn't have been of any help, but your project is out of my knowledge base anyway.  What I would have done is prod Mr. Mustang Guy to brag a little more because he's done what you are suggesting and his results are stunning, at least to my ears.

He has a bigger space and uses 3 la scalas up front and 3 la scalas in the back (raised about 6 feet each), along with some giant subs which I can never remember exactly which one he uses.  He has his set his up to where it is the best sounding theater I have ever heard.  It's better than our local cinema, especially for music.

I know you said you were going to run 7.1, but I think Mustang Guy runs either All Stereo and Sometimes Mono and the consistency of great sound everywhere in the shop is out of this world.  

Your setup needs are somewhat unique and you can save a lot of trial and error by picking Mustang Guy's brain.  He has been great at sharing the knowledge he has with the Klipsch community, as is virtually all the guys I've seen post here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

looks great! so reading through this, you ultimate goal was to have a decent sound system in a shop? i guess movie watching will happen from time to time but other than that it's just for music? 

when i was reading this i immediately thought of the HD wireless system....if it was just music, having 5 of the RP-440WC would just look sick!

for me, i want speakers on my patio and i've been toying the idea with different set ups, but really, i think some good Blutooth speakers streaming from my phone (i heart radio) will be the best choice. no extra receiver, no wires to run, no extra processor (or running an input to my UMC).  i really like the ideal of having any where from 2-5 of the UE-Megaboom speakers linked to my phone.  since it's at my house, and my phone is on the Wifi, it's free data, so i don't have to worry about that. i know in your case that wouldn't help at all because you can't watch any movies that way...lol  those speakers also link together so all 5 will pay in "ALL Stereo" mode. 

anyways, that shop looks great, i don't know how you are going to get any work done!

• 5 months later...