The Rabbit Hole of Remotes (Just Ordered a URC MX-890)

Youthman

• Moderators
To be honest the easiest way would be to just Learn the AE8000u commands you want to use from your original remote which is very easy to do.

Gotcha.  There are only a few buttons on the original remote so it shouldn't be too time consuming.

Here is the page on Remote Central that has hex codes for the AE8000u the URC software can get the IR codes using these hex codes, but it is easier if you just learn them from another remote.The URC software's Universal Browser can learn IR codes from hex codes.

https://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/panasonic/projector/

Here are my remotes seven main pages I created and also two "Please Wait" pages I created which appear while macros are turning ON or OFF my system. This should give an idea as to some of the amount of customization that is available on the URC MX-890 remote, all of the images were created or modified by me and are unique to my remote.

MX_890_pages.jpg

I'm assuming you create two system notice pages and in your macro for powering on and off, you added the Jump command to go to that particular page, then begin the sequence of commands to power everything up or down?

Yes exactly, then my "Please Wait" page only shows while the macros are turning multiple things ON/OFF and once the macro is complete at the end I have it Jump to another remote page that I want the remote to display.

Edited by Rich_Guy

• Moderators

Ok, I'm having a lot of fun adding the "Details" to really customize my remote graphically to my liking.

I created two images for each button.  When you select a scene, the image moves down 1px and over 1px to give the appearance that it is being pressed down and I changed the light bulb to yellow.

urc-complete-control-22.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ok, it's been awhile since I worked on programming the remote but I'm back at it.

I went into the HT to test out the programming I have done so far.  The vast majority of the programming is working perfectly!

I see a few things that I do not have working though.

I need some advice on the "Punch Through" so that I can hit the "Off" button on the "Main" page below and have it power everything off. 

Not sure if I need to make this a macro?  When I'm on a "Device" page, I have the Power On and Power Off set to only control that particular device (which is what I want).

urc-complete-control-12.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 3/25/2016 at 11:21 AM, Youthman said:

Ok, it's been awhile since I worked on programming the remote but I'm back at it.

I went into the HT to test out the programming I have done so far.  The vast majority of the programming is working perfectly!

I see a few things that I do not have working though.

I need some advice on the "Punch Through" so that I can hit the "Off" button on the "Main" page below and have it power everything off. 

Not sure if I need to make this a macro?  When I'm on a "Device" page, I have the Power On and Power Off set to only control that particular device (which is what I want).

I know this is an old thread, but can someone point me to where I can get the URC software for my 890? I need to make a minor change (having my DAC go to Coax instead of AES) but don't have the software. Thank you!

Ahh, the remote issue. I have not upgraded to a harmony remote. Believe it or not my LG OLED (E6) magic remote pretty much does it all. Actually it does it all. Controls my denon X6400h receiver, Apple TV 4K, and my TV. I do sometimes use my Apple TV remote, but mainly just my LG remote. I’m not sure I’d benefit from a magic remote at this stage of the game. Only thing it does not do is switch between sound modes on my receiver, but as the Denon has auto source detection rarely need to use it. What are the benefits you mainly see with the harmony remotes? Worth the money?

• 2 years later...