Reference Premiere HD Wireless is Available NOW!

Alex L

"If you have any questions technical or otherwise, please feel free to ask them and I'll do my best to get them all answered!"

Alex

I have a question for you. Do you remember back, oh IDK, maybe October, I asked you about picking up another pair of Image ONE headphones? You said you said you had it covered and they would arrive shortly. I PM'ed Chad and he said he would have you call or email me. I'm still waiting, feel free to respond when you get a chance :D :D :D

TY

Mark

Could you DM me your details, so I know what to look for in my inbox haha?

Hello! Anyone know what brand/model speaker stands these are? I'm curious because I have a pair of RP-140WM's in a 2.1 setup, but am thinking about going 5.1 and would want the bookshelf speakers on stands located in the rear of my room.

Thanks,

Nick

HD-Wireless_Lifestyle_Growth_2.jpg

Sanus but not sure what model right now. Sorry!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Anyone know what brand/model speaker stands these are? I'm curious because I have a pair of RP-140WM's in a 2.1 setup, but am thinking about going 5.1 and would want the bookshelf speakers on stands located in the rear of my room.

Thanks,

Nick

HD-Wireless_Lifestyle_Growth_2.jpg

Sanus but not sure what model right now. Sorry!

Looked into Sanus and picked up this model: http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/speaker-stands/sf34/ Thanks for the tip.

Also received the rest of the speakers to complete my 5.1 setup. Here are some pics!: https://imgur.com/a/Gf18J

Edited by nick561

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

$5,100 for a 4" driver HT setup? Pass...

Your quick glance and immediate disapproval is unjust. Look further into the system and you will see that you're paying for much more than a uncompressed wireless speaker system. They are pushing the envelope to the max with these because they have integrated amplifiers. Each speaker has an independent, customized amplifier designed to play these speakers to the max without worrying about things like tuning (due to AVR manufacturer differences) and having a steady power supply (as a good portion of AVRs are not great at dividing many channels and sending its "designed power max" efficiently. Usually to get this power management, you'd need a pre-amp (and possibly a processor) to ensure everything is proper. 

As for driver size, its 4.5". Instead of driving the larger ones like on the 280F, they chose to just double the drivers on the towers. I haven't purchased it yet, but judging from the performance my bookshelf's provide, their decision is likely well founded and provided good results.

My quick glance and disapproval on cost is certainly justified when you consider other offerings from other companies for speakers and amplification that would decimate what is being advertised here. I understand this is a first step for Klipsch, but to seriously sit there and argue that it's a great value is absolutely laughable.

Comparing the price to wired speakers at this point in time these may not be as good a value.  If you compare them to other wireless options these speakers ROCK.  I returned a SONOS 5.1 system for two towers and a hub for around the same money.  SONOS has lots of features which are nice, but only does optical audio and not all TV's even the newest support Dolby or DXT through the optical port.  This is a very common problem in the wireless market.  In many cases all your other systems have to plug into the TV, so you loose even DVD, Gaming or TV internet box support for anything but stereo.  For those of us who want or need to go wireless for various reasons, this is a Huge advancement. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have any information on the ability to wall mount the rear bookshelf speakers?  Is there a recommended mount or does are there pictures out there of the back of the speakers so I can order something that is compatible?  Thanks for the help everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Currently running 2 bookend speakers, woofer, sound bar and of course the hub. Unfortunately there is a nagging bass anomaly that has not generated anything other then "how to" recommendations from Klipsch of which all have been tried and still persists.

During the sub-woofer independent adjustment, increasing the bass, generated noticeable bass  from front speakers (left,right and sound bar)  while not affecting the sub-woofer.  The more the bass was increased on the woofer, as a test, the more bass emanated  from the front speakers and not so much from the sub-woofer. In fact had to get down on all fours and place my ear next to the base unit to faintly hear anything. The last test was to turn up the bass on the sub-woofer ridiculously high and indeed I got Theater sounding bass but the front speakers were being overwhelmed with the amount of bass reaching them. 

So for now just turn down the bass and get clear voice levels from the front speakers but at the expense of the sub-woofer sounding as if it was turned off.

Love my speakers and will continue to check in and see if anyone else is feeling my pain. 

Klipsch ?

Here is what I found out.

Hi Rudy,
The only way to control the bass on the woofer on the HD wireless system is to use the adjust sound function in your hub's menu, and then adjust the volume of the subwoofer until the level of the subwoofer is loud enough for your liking. There are currently no EQ adjustments or filters built in except for the ones that are preset by the manufacturer. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thanks,

I'd love to understand if those use a "burned" DSP chip or programmable.  Imagine if you could your hands on the tools for that you could probably toss those chips and amps in a Khorn or Lascala........or whatever and ditch the passives and outboard amps.

Love to see kits Klipsch........

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. New here. 

Can anyone tell me if the Premier Reference HD line will be at all compatible with the new Play Fi wireless speakers (klipsch stream?). 

I understand that the HD line uses WiSA and that Play Fi is inherently different, but in some news articles there was mention of a Klipsch Gate or Powergate to make other wired speakers compatible but not sure if any of that would apply for the HD Wireless Speakers. 

Could anyone give give me any insight. Thanks!

You can definitely use the Play-Fi gate in conjunction with the HD Wireless Control center. As a matter of fact, any Play-Fi gate will do the trick. They're different animals so the one caveat is when the HD Wireless Control Center is off you're not going to get any sound until you turn the system on and change it to the right input.

What's more exciting is Amazon and DTS just announced that they're going to be working together - so HD Wireless + Play-Fi + Amazon Echo Dot could eventually mean full whole home voice control for all your gadgets. It'll be a while until everything is integrated but the foundation has been put down.

PowerGate on the other hand will legitimately add any pair of wired speakers and sub to the Play-Fi infrastructure. Auto-on Play-Fi and all. I've been beta-testing the Pilot units of the PowerGate and it's an absolutely superb 2-channel (+ sub) amplifier.

On 9/21/2016 at 3:14 PM, mark1101 said:

I'd love to understand if those use a "burned" DSP chip or programmable.  Imagine if you could your hands on the tools for that you could probably toss those chips and amps in a Khorn or Lascala........or whatever and ditch the passives and outboard amps.

Love to see kits Klipsch........

Since the WiSA standard is open to anyone you're absolutely on the right track. The chips are not burned, therefore firmware-upgradable. We can control just about anything with the system. There's no homebrew kits available currently, but there's no reason why it can't be done. The HD Wireless system now is encrypted and secure so there's little chance someone will be able to tamper with the current product, but there's a reason why we set the crossovers to where they are (arguably the only thing that needs adjustment).

As far as getting more subwoofer volume, one thing that worked for me was changing the setting of the subwoofer based on its location. You can pick "corner", "wall", or "other" currently and it does a bit of re-mapping to compensate. Outside of that, simply boost the channel volume of the subwoofer if you're not getting enough output.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have issues with frequent disconnection of the speakers from the HD wireless hub?  I find when I get home at the end of the day and even sometimes while watching content that several of the speakers (different each time) disconnect and flash the status light, requiring me to redo the "add speaker function" set up process.  Is this bad firmware or a known issue.  I just upgraded to version 1.5.12 (May 2016) for the hub and speakers.

• 1 month later...

I currently own a Sonos 5.1 system. It is primarily used for watching movies in my man cave. Its a nice system. I'm a sucker for great audio when watching movies so I've been thinking about upgrading to the Klipsch wireless home theater system (control hub, center speaker, front standing speakers, two bookshelf speakers as surrounds and the sub). The Klipsch system costs about $3000 more than the Sonos. I know that it will be sound better, but I'm wondering how much better it will sound and I was hoping that people who have listened to both setups can chime in. I have not listened to the Klipsch system personally but the reviews I've read all state that it is fantastic and sounds great.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I recently purchased the full 7.2 system. It sounds great, and I am mostly happy. But, like others have mentioned the subwoofers barely put out any bass at all. I have played with the position, distance, and level settings. It's pretty pathetic I have two subwoofers that should bring down the house and they barely make a sound. Also, while playing music only one subwoofer actually makes sound, the other is barely moving the cone. I verified both subs work by turning them off one at a time and playing music through them as a 7.1 system.

The next problem is that the surround DSP modes seem to do absolutely nothing. I can send a full 7.1 PCM signal at the control center and get great sound out of all my speakers. But while playing 2.0 PCM music through Bluetooth, I select all channel stereo surround mode and still only hear music through my two front speakers. Also, none of the dolby or DTS surround modes do anything with a 2.0 signal. Only sound out of the two fronts.

• Chad unpinned this topic