Considering Selling Cornwall II Speakers

fyounce

Hello All,

I am considering selling my Cornwall II speakers I purchased at Home Entertainment Inc. in Houston, Texas. Am hoping to see if you would be so kind to suggest a price point and suggest where I might start on this quest. These speakers were the 20,158th and 20,159th units built, built in 1979. I am the original owner and have the paperwork to prove it. These are in the raw wood with ¼ smoked glass tops. They are in excellent working condition with very little to no blemishes. Thanks and hope to hear something soon.

post-62415-0-63800000-1455639164_thumb.j

post-62415-0-68280000-1455639175_thumb.j

welcome to the forum

cornwall 11's didn't come out until late 1985 so what you have are cornwall 1's

post a picture of the rear label to help people understand what you have. looks like birch raw. good luck

Edited by Budman

You may also want to post this in the "garage sale" section of the forum (see link below)... Either as a "For Sale" item or that your requesting/needing some information.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/63-garage-sale/

I didn't even notice that is was in 2 channel, thanks for pointing that out.  I'll move it.

• Like 1

Thanks for your info, I called the support center in Hope AR this morning. They looked up the serial numbers and told me  they were Cornwall II's. Plus  I have  a Brochure I received when I purchased them  and that too says  Cornwall II.

Thanks for all the  input everyone.

Yes I  am  in the Houston  Area.  Posting Pictures of the back, will  call Klipsch Support again tomorrow.

Thanks again

post-62415-0-92360000-1455672857_thumb.j

post-62415-0-16480000-1455672873_thumb.j

Welcome to The Forum.

"T" = 1979 = version 1's.

Pricing history for "like-kind" items can be researched quite easily within the forum's postings.

FWIW - I highly recommend that you research on your own & arrive at a list price you feel is warranted, versus taking general suggestions.

Good luck with your sale - should you decide to part ways with them.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

Surely Mr. fyounce knows what he bought new from a dealer.  He has the paperwork and a brochure from the time, and Klipsch, Inc. tech support backs him up on these being Version II.  But the other evidence doesn't lie either, the physical makeup of the speaker, and the Serial Number.

How can this difference be reconciled? 

Bizarre.  :huh:

Sorry Mr. fyouce, I didn't mean to imply it was you who was wrong about which version you had.  I just looked at it as a mystery to be solved.

So it is now determined you have Version 1?  Nothing wrong with that, they are still very desirable on the used market.

Edited by wvu80

Well thank you, was kinda feeling kind of puny after the last one. LOL

Welcome to the Forum! Dont worry about it man, people here literally eat, sleep and breath Klipsch Heritage products.  :D  On a more important note, if you are not selling them for financial reasons you should seriously think about keeping them and refreshing the crossovers with new Capacitors. There are many other mods you can do to these speakers and the community here can help you every step of the way.

For reference, here is a link to the Cornwall II page on the Klipsch website.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/cornwall-ii-floorstanding-speaker

As you can see, and as others have mentioned, the Cornwall II has the drivers mounted from the front.

Unfortunately the Klipsch website is being updated, so the page for the original Cornwall doesn't appear to have the correct picture right now.

And just to clarify... The serial numbers for your speakers are:

21 T 568

21 T 569

With the letter "T" signifying the year of manufacture. These serial numbers should also be stamped into the wood on the back side of the speaker (the edge of the plywood).

The "C-BR" stands for Cornwall Birch Raw.

If you have the paperwork you received with the speakers, post a photo and maybe that will help explain the confusion. In any case, from the photos and serial numbers you provided, they look to be original Cornwalls and not Cornwall II's.