GREAT NEWS!

BigStewMan

• Moderators
I don't want to drive hours to civilization; but, don't want to be in the middle of the chaos anymore.

I think your going to love it, probably extend your life getting out of the middle of chaos. It may take a little adjusting but this kind of change is usually good. 

• Like 1

So you're saying it ain't Los Angeles North?

Back in my Coast Guard days, i got transferred to the little town of Grand Haven, Michigan.  I ended up loving it there; but, it was culture shock. I remember wandering around when i first moved there and asking "where's downtown?"  I was told told "you are downtown."

Green Acres is the place for me...in all seriousness, i'm not ruling out owning a horse.

You can't eat a horse, well you can but people will think your stranger than you really are. 

well eating the horse is not really what i had in mind...riding it and talking to it (before you laugh, remember Mr. Ed could speak).

as I just confirmed that they have a Del Taco there.

God have mercy on yer heathen soul!  Any town in Texas with a population of more than 2 has a REAL Mexican or TexMex restaurant. 

Dave

Apples and oranges, comparing Del Taco to real Mexican or TexMex.  As fast food tacos go, Del Taco are my favorite.  They're a quick cheap alternative to the real thing, not a substitute.

• Like 1

Looking up Bend Or, it kind of looks cold and wet ? 
I've not been there a lot, but it's on the East side of the Cascades and believe it can get very cold in the winter, why skiing is supposed to be so good on Bachelor Butte, as well as hot in the summer.  http://www.skimountaineer.com/CascadeSki/CascadeSki.php?name=ThreeSisters  The Eastern slopes of Western mountains are usually in a rain shadow, making them rather dry.  I dunno how that works out for Bend, but think the Eastern Oregon desert butts up against it.  Beautiful country, highly varied scenery.