Belles SOLD

reddog5

I am trying to deal on the Belles.  My dilemna is that I need to get them from reddog5 in eastern NC to me in Memphis.  It looks like it would be a straight shot west on I40 for anyone so inclined.  If there is anyone heading that way who would be willing to transport the speakersI would pay for shipping them.  I have posted on the Hope gathering site.  Will see what happens...

Reddog5 has been nice enough to give me first shot at the Belles.  At this point I have had no takers for helping with transport.  Others have mentioned packing/shipping companies.  Any referrals/testimonials?  If I can't get them from him to me, I really should give up my shot at purchase.  Thanks for any help.  

It's been 16 hours now and those haven't yet sold.  What is wrong with people?  :D

+++

Am I correct that the Belles don't need a corner to sound good, like the Khorns do?

Doc

Khorns don't have to be in corners, you can enclose the backs (see the 60th and 70th anniversary) Belles sound great, but you still place them in corners for imaging. There's quite a few people here who can provide more info on the enclosure, I haven't done mine yet,

Mark

• Like 1

I am trying to deal on the Belles.  My dilemna is that I need to get them from reddog5 in eastern NC to me in Memphis.  It looks like it would be a straight shot west on I40 for anyone so inclined.  If there is anyone heading that way who would be willing to transport the speakersI would pay for shipping them.  I have posted on the Hope gathering site.  Will see what happens...

gas is cheap, get in your car and go them and be the proud new owner

• Like 1

I don't want to derail this thread to much

Khorns don't have to be in corners

From what I was told and how I understand it ( not saying im right).  But to get the full bass extension down to 40 hz you still need corners or false walls.  Enclosing the backs just makes it easier to get a tighter fit or better seal to a wall. 

Easier said than done.  Work obligations lock me in for 3 weeks.  I don't know if he can sit on them that long.  I'm trying to be a good sport about this.  I know if I can't get them, he doesn't have to sell them to me.  

Cough….Cough, Cough.      Sniffle….. Sniffle……………….Aaaaaaaaa-CHO.

Bless you !

Sounds like you may be coming down with something and few days or an extended weekend would be of a great health (audio) benefit to you.

Here's to a quick recovery & I hope you feel better soon.   :)

Looks like I've come to a dead end with help and/or advice for transporting or shipping the Belles.  I am unable to pick them up anytime soon due to other obligations.  Won't have the 2-3 days it will take for a road trip for a while.  Not a sob story, just the facts.  Reddog5 has told me he needs to sell the speakers.  So, if someone else wants them, have at it.  If they are still available when I can get to them I will definitely purchase them.  

Looks like I've come to a dead end with help and/or advice for transporting or shipping the Belles.  I am unable to pick them up anytime soon due to other obligations.  Won't have the 2-3 days it will take for a road trip for a while.  Not a sob story, just the facts.  Reddog5 has told me he needs to sell the speakers.  So, if someone else wants them, have at it.  If they are still available when I can get to them I will definitely purchase them.  

Maybe Red Dog knows a local kid with pickup truck or van who would be willing to drive them to you?

I know when my teenage boys were in the house, I it was easy to find cheap labor because those kids were always looking for a way to put a few dollars into the pockets.

• Like 1

Best to have reddog5 say what it is he needs.  My understanding is that he would like to sell them and have them gone soon.  My timeframe for pickup unfortunately is more like a few weeks.    I will step aside if another member makes a deal before then.