Forum Rules

CindyJarvis

So I take it this is a known thing around here? We can chalk favoritism up to human nature? -Cindy

So, you have reached this conclusion after 33 posts?  Either you've been here before or you jump from assumption to conclusion without going through the space in between. 

If you have a beef, spit it out.

Dave

• Like 2

Chalk it up to whatever you want.  Do you have specific examples in mind?

Since you are new you might not realize that many of the members here have met in person, multiple times.  Others have spoken on the phone with each other.  It's not a typical forum website.

• Like 1

Well I am figuring out and learning the warning points here. I guess we can't see if they have been issued to others. It looks like if you say something that gets you a warning point that comment still stays in the thread? Learning that a lot of you are friends in "real life" makes sense now. This is indeed a unique forum.

The main issue is this NOSValves character, it appears I am not the only one that is having issues with him so I don't feel so bad.

-Cindy

• Like 1

Since you are new you might not realize that many of the members here have met in person, multiple times.  Others have spoken on the phone with each other

We've never talked on the phone....you keep slamming it down on me.

• Like 1

The main issue is this NOSValves character, it appears I am not the only one that is having issues with him so I don't feel so bad.  

I don't think NOSValves is an issue or has been for a long time.  He absented himself for quite a while in the past, and IMO doesn't doesn't warrant finger pointing that seems to come from out of nowhere.  I agree with Dave in post # 4.

Edited by LarryC

Since you are new you might not realize that many of the members here have met in person, multiple times.  Others have spoken on the phone with each other

We've never talked on the phone....you keep slamming it down on me.

I do that every time I hear heavy breathing.

• Like 1

I don't think NOSValves is an issue or has been for a long time.  He absented himself for quite a while in the past, and IMO doesn't doesn't warrant finger pointing that seems to come out of nowhere.  I agree with Dave in post # 4.

Did you check out the posts in question?

I'd have to agree that the moderation here has become a lot more moderate.  There have been several very testy threads of a highly charged political nature that are quire contrary to the stated guidelines and that would've in the past been locked or worse.  Not sure whether to congratulate the forums for being more tolerant or resentful that they ushered away many longstanding fine debaters and contributors.  Some here are more mercurial than others and a few have really intense agendas on their grindstones.

Thank you oscarear for bringing up a great point!!   There are a number of threads/posts that are about politics which from my understanding are against the Terms of Use. A couple times I wanted to join the discussion but felt it best to stay out of it. Like I said the rules seem confusing to me because they aren't enforced all the time.

-Cindy