Forum Rules

CindyJarvis

What I would suggest to the mods, is that as a courtesy, when you issue warning points you send a pm to the awardee an explanation and of course that means a tacit confirmation of who gave the warning points.  I have had posts deleted in the past and had to dig it out of the mod that they were the one who did it.   This simple courtesy would go a long way towards understanding.

• Like 3

I recall a good friend I worked with on the local AFB. When the big wigs were saying this rule, that rule, he'd blare out: "Rules are made to be broken!"

I believe there are some around my profession that call something that seems somewhat similar as "regulatory capture."  :huh:

I never noticed your comments here Cindy to welcome you to this Forum. So welcome. Having been around for a while I can tell you that some of our mods here are A-holes. Real A-holes. One moderator, a female, is the sweetest person you could ever meet. Not only that, but she can cook good too. There is one male mod here that is a real stand up guy. The rest are A-holes. Real A-holes.

Craig is a stand up guy. If you have a tube amp that needs repair and you can't afford to have it repaired just tell him. He'll do it for free. He rebuilt two for me for free, but he did say not to tell anyone.

Don't worry too much about the TOS. Most of us here have never read them. I see that you have already noticed that. You must be a pretty smart person. You'll have a tough time here. Most of us are not very smart. At all.

Anyway, welcome. Stay calm and post on. Once you get to 5,000 posts you'll be automatically be canonized into a place where only the most brilliant minds tread. 

Keith

• Like 1

What I would suggest to the mods, is that as a courtesy, when you issue warning points you send a pm to the awardee an explanation and of course that means a tacit confirmation of who gave the warning points.  I have had posts deleted in the past and had to dig it out of the mod that they were the one who did it.   This simple courtesy would go a long way towards understanding.

In my case, I have never issued warning points without communicating directly to the individual as to why.  I don't do one warning point.  9 to start.  That means I'm leaving it to the individual to get it together before me or another mod adds the 1 more that gets them to the moderation queue for all their posts. 

This is a very special place with very special people and I think the moderation should take that into account while ensuring that the business that sponsors us benefits from giving us this place to build great friendships.

Dave

• Like 2

I don't do one warning point.  9 to start.  That means I'm leaving it to the individual to get it together before me or another mod adds the 1 more that gets them to the moderation queue for all their posts.
Do warning points have an expiration date?  If you give me 9 points today...do i still have nine in the year 2525? (If man is still alive).
  • Like 3

It seems the Terms of Service and Rules are not enforced equally on this website by moderators. A grim observation in the short period of time I have been a member. What gives?

-Cindy

If I were an outsider looking in I would say that it appears the rules aren't being enforced....Btw, welcome to the forum Cindy--Don't let that be a deterrent to you posting because Nosvalves comes and goes and we just watch him pass on by. :)

Edited by Zen Traveler

I don't do one warning point.  9 to start.  That means I'm leaving it to the individual to get it together before me or another mod adds the 1 more that gets them to the moderation queue for all their posts.
Do warning points have an expiration date?  If you give me 9 points today...do i still have nine in the year 2525? (If man is still alive).

Maybe you can trade the points in for a Klipsch t-shirt.  Of course, you would still be responsible for shipping costs. :huh:

• Like 4

IF...

I never read the original post in question before posts were deleted, but IF...

If Cindy posed a legitimate question...

AND...Craig called her a name or was rude because he MISTAKENLY thought she was The Sloth (a banned member) using another forum name

THEN...

Then IMHO Craig owes her an apology.  I believe Cindy is a real female human being who is her own person.

+++

I could be wrong about any ^^^ of that.  The fact is, I have only met a couple of you guys in person, so truly, I don't know anything.

Craig, I'm asking you take Cindy at face value.  At the very least, give her the benefit of the doubt and talk to her "off the air."  Because if she is a real person, I think you hurt her feelings.

AND CINDY...if you fired back and the post was deleted by a mod (I have no idea) then you might have over reacted as well.

+++

I suggest we re-set and turn the clock back a week to before any of the comments were taken wrong or out of context, and start over with no pre-judgements on any side.

We all make mistakes.

• Like 3