KLF-20 Mid Horn Diaphragm

mprachar

you can get a pair of new designed phenolic diaphragms from Bob Crites. These are better sounding than the original factory phenolic diaphragms. Buy a pair and change both your old ones and keep your working factory diaphragm as a back up spare.

There is a second option You can buy the new Klipsch titanium mid diaphragm that Klipsch use in some pro units and in the new Cornwall lll and the Heresy lll. These are very much better than the phenolic units (in my estimation). They can be purchased from Simply speakers. You can check the archives to read about discussions regarding the titanium diaphragms with and without the factory filter which Klipsch use. Personally after my mods I do not find any need for the additional filters you can use them without the additional filter and see for yourself what you think so you don't have to spend more money if you don't want to.

Edited by moray james

Don't resist getting titanium drivers for the tweeters also. $$$$ will make your speakers sparkle :)

New capacitors is by no means a waste of money. I would say that not upgrading is a waste of your listening time, the improvement provided by new quality capacitors is substantial. If you by phenolic diaphragms from Bob Crites purchase a pair as they are not identical sounding to the stock diaphragms don't mix diaphragms, change them in pairs only.

the simply speakers page for Klipsch is here.. they have both the Phenolic and Titanium for your K52 driver

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/Klipsch_bymfg_16-3-1.html

if you want to stay with a phenolic diaphragm I would strongly recommend the Crites diaphragm as it is a superior sounding phenolic diaphragm when compared to the Klipsch unit. Bob's Ti tweeter diaphragm is the only one I will purchase now as I have had failures with the Klipsch ti tweeter diaphragm and no  problems what so ever with Bob's ti unit tweeter diaphragm or his phenolic mid diaphragm.

Edited by moray james

the simply speakers page for Klipsch is here.. they have both the Phenolic and Titanium for your K52 driver

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/Klipsch_bymfg_16-3-1.html

I'm not going to say that Simply Speakers is bad because they serve a purpose and I believe they do they're best to supply parts that meet fit, form and function... but Crites has put a lot of heart and time into the parts he supplies that I do not believe Simply Speakers can come anywhere near matching...

It's like buying repressed vinyl, did someone take the time to makes sure it was as good as it should be or was it just chucked out to make a buck?

Simply speakers is The Klipsch Outlet for their titanium mid diaphragms as well as other Klipsch parts. Personally I prefer Bob's ti tweeter diaphragms over the Klipsch factory unit but when it comes to the ti mid Simply Speakers is the best source as Bob nor anyone else sells them. These are Klipsch factory parts NOT aftermarket. I have mentioned this numerous times but you may not be aware. I do my best to support Bob Crites and his son Michael in their business. I wish more forum members would help support Bob as he and Michael provide so much support to Klipsch owners.