Happy new owner of some Klipsch Chorus speakers! What center to use?

AaronB123

I'll start off by saying that I am extremely happy to be a part of this fine group and I had been wanting a pair of Klipsch speakers for years now ever since I first bought a pair of the Pro Media 2.1's and I was absolutely blown away! I had already owned a pair of JBL floor standing speakers which were very good but when my brother bought a pair of Energy take 6 classics and they almost sounded better than my 1000 dollar jbl floor standing speakers I knew I had to go Klipsch! Not to mention, I always loved the sound of the horn. I've spoken with some that don't like it and think it's too harsh but me personally I love the strong vocals it produces! 

I started looking into used and found 2 items that interested me one being a pair of RP-5's and the other being a pair of Chorus I's that the guy claimed to be mint. upon some research I saw that these Chorus speakers get nothing but the highest praises so I went and checked them out and sure enough they were in immaculate shape so I bought them and could not be happier! Now I am thinking I need to redo my whole audio system. As of right now I am looking to get a new center. I have a pair of JBL bookshels that I might keep as the rears because rear's really don't do that much in a theather I know the main's and center should match and be on par with each other. Now my question is which center should I go with? I actually called Klipsch and the guy told me I could try to find a single chorus or other vintage speaker but that really isn't an option because it would cover half my tv. I was thinking of the RP-450C What do you guys suggest? 

Also just out of curiosity, do you guys think I made the right choice going with the Chorus's over the RP-5's? I ask because I don't have any experience with that speaker. 

Thank you to everyone that read's my post and again, I'm glad to be a part of the community! 

• Like 3

Also just out of curiosity, do you guys think I made the right choice going with the Chorus's over the RP-5's?

Welcome to the forum "Aaron" and a big high five on the newest arrival :emotion-21:

With out a doubt, the Chorus I is an awesome speaker.  Had a pair for a short time and they were amazing!  Give em' babies some power, they will make the hair on the the back of your neck stand on end in excitement :biggrin:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

Wow thank you all for the responses! I"m extremely happy to see that this forum has so much activity! I can see it's going to be one of my new favorite forums! Heres some pictures of them. I do have the grills which are also in mint condition, I just love the way they look so I keep them uncovered. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but is it bad at all to leave the speakers uncovered all the time? I don't have any children or pets or anything that may cause them damage. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
I"m extremely happy to see that this forum has so much activity! I can see it's going to be one of my new favorite forums!

You hang out here too often and we will gladly help you spend your money.  :lol:

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but is it bad at all to leave the speakers uncovered all the time?

I would keep my RF-7ii naked if my wife would let me.  It does not hurt them at all to leave the grills off (unless of course you have small children or animals around).  Since you don't you are good to go!

• Like 2

Chorus was definitely the way to go... If you can't fit another Chorus I, Forte I or Heresy in to your center channel position then try and find an Academy. It's the closest conventional center channel match for the Chorus I.

Here's a link to a web archive for the Academy... Unfortunately the main Klipsch website is being updated and there are no specs/information currently listed for the Academy. Next best choice would probably be KLF-C7. Both are relatively easy to find (craigslist/ebay), but are becoming more rare by the day.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130527194758/http://www.klipsch.com/academy-center-speaker

• Like 2

Chorus was definitely the way to go... If you can't fit another Chorus I, Forte I or Heresy in to your center channel position then try and find an Academy. It's the closest conventional center channel match for the Chorus I.

Here's a link to a web archive for the Academy... Unfortunately the main Klipsch website is being updated and there are no specs/information currently listed for the Academy. Next best choice would probably be KLF-C7. Both are relatively easy to find (craigslist/ebay), but are becoming more rare by the day.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130527194758/http://www.klipsch.com/academy-center-speaker

Wow. I didn't even know about that Academy speaker. I agree though, the more I think about it I would  be much better off sticking with the vintage speakers.

• Like 1

Wow. I didn't even know about that Academy speaker. I agree though, the more I think about it I would be much better off sticking with the vintage speakers.

Welcome to the Heritage club.  The Chorus is a fine speakers.  A good number of our forum will take Heritage speakers all day long over the other offering.  A Forte, Heresey, or an Academy should work nice for multi-channel entertainment.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 4