Happy new owner of some Klipsch Chorus speakers! What center to use?

AaronB123

• Moderators
Ha, perhaps I should just build a custom center! That would be really awesome! How would you go about doing that, where would you buy the drivers, ebay?

Wakejunkie purchased the parts from an RF-7ii and built a custom RC-7ii Center.  It sounds AWESOME between his RF-7ii's.

Here are the photos of it - Link

• Like 1

What do you mean by run it on phantom? 

Do a quick search for "Dope From Hope 2ph3". In a nutshell, it was Paul's solution for adding a center channel to a stereo system... a phantom center channel created by mixing the left and right, together.

ETA: Vol 14 No 4 740701

Edited by Old_Klipsch_Guy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If you run across another Chorus you could make a cabinet to hold everything. This is a Forte ll center which is not far off from a Chorus as far a size. Good luck, until you find something just run it on phantom, it's better than something that don't match at all. imo 

Have fun, you did great so far. :emotion-21:

Wow, you guys have some really nice set ups! What do you mean by run it on phantom? 

If you set you AVR to no center or some brands call it phantom, it will send the center channel signal to the 2 front mains. With the mains positioned like you would listen in stereo the sound will sound centered anyway and sound like it is coming from the TV.

I just wanna make a quick update when I said I didn't really see that these speakers didn't have much bass I had only listened to MP3's and some flac files from my computer. I wanted to wait until I got a center to put in a bluray but tonight I decided what the hell just try it... and WOOOOW they are MONSTERS! When they say it really depends if you feed these things a quality signal they aren't lying! I had to check several times to make sure I didn't accidentally turn my sub on! Now I see what everyone means when they say bass you can feel in your bones! When I bought these things I told the guy I had a sub, he looked at me and said trust me, you wont need it these thing can rattle a nail out of a wall! Now I see what he meant! 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Now I see what everyone means when they say bass you can feel in your bones

If you feel a Chorus in your bones, adding a sub would have you feeling it all through your bones. :o A well designed sub would cover where the Chorus leaves off on the lower end.  

Glad your liking them, and your right what you play and what you play it with can have a huge difference in quality.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Well I need some advice from the wonderful audio experts here. Today I got the bright idea to change my theater room around in order to try and make floorstanding rears fit. All went ok but after moving I listened and the sound from the mains (chorus) is now much worse, paper thin pretty much all highs. I was thinking and realized I think I know the cause but wanted to check in and ask before I take the couple hours to switch it all back. The wall the mains were against in the beginning was a solid wall with concrete behind it and now in their new spot its a hollow wall thats probably 4 inches thin made of sheetrock. Another thing that's happening is a lot of vibration in the wall. 

I'm pretty sure this is an obvious question but the reason they sound like crap now is because the wall is hollow and the sound is going right through it, right?